Fathers Day Fishing gift ideas?

• walleyebuster5
    Central MN

What are you guys getting for your dad for fathers day??? I’m stumped!

Sharon
    SE Metro

I can’t say, because my dad’s here on IDO! But I can tell you he is going to LOVE it! We can’t wait to give it to him! mrgreen

Gift cards are always fun to receive. Especially to movie theaters (if he’s a movie-goer) or to his favorite restaurant perhaps.

Andy Fiolka
    Boise, Idaho

Can’t go wrong with a handful of Rapalas waytogo

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

Family DNA testing

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Alright Sharon! You guys are the greatest!!!!

Attachments:
    1. s1419_a.jpg

Sharon
    SE Metro

HAHA! Yeah, didn’t we tell you, Mom won the lottery! Brand new boats for everyone! woot

Jeffrey Trapp
    Milbank, SD

Dad has used a crap real since I was little. I found a good deal on a nice Pflueger and picked one up for him. Now I have another quality rod to use when I go back…win win.

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

Family DNA testing, I wasn’t making a bad joke. These results are very interesting as they give a picture of the places we descended from. This testing is not to be confused with Paternity testing (well that might be an interesting gift also LOL).

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Thermocell!

and a warm hug.

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

I will be getting time on the water with my family which is fine with me. Memories are worth more than any gift. Happy Father’s day to all the Dad’s.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

I can’t say, because my dad’s here on IDO! But I can tell you he is going to LOVE it! We can’t wait to give it to him! mrgreen

Gift cards are always fun to receive. Especially to movie theaters (if he’s a movie-goer) or to his favorite restaurant perhaps.

This ones easy(coming from a dad)….but sometimes it’s the hardest…..

Time…..take him fishing…. smile

big_g
    Isle, MN

ummmm… duh ! A tie ! doah

JR Carter

Crank Caddys!!!! and a Dash Caddy!!!!

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Big rib eyes, crab legs, and family time.

FDR

tonkaiceman
    Hanover, MN

My Dad and I have a annual fishing trip to Canada every year. I got him 5 daredevle spoons that have produced well in the past.

You can always give him a gift card for him to make his own choices on gear too!

Sharon
    SE Metro

My dad (Steve Root) and his Father’s Day gift! peace

Attachments:
    1. 20150618_175622.jpg

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

My Dad = Peace and Quiet. I swore not to drive him nuts, make him worry, or aggravate him for a day.

Buzz = Cool idea. Would be interesting to see how a typical genealogy chart matches up to what you find.

@Sharon
    = Nice boat. That much lotto money and all you got your dad is a hoodie? Poor guy is gonna get sunburned without a new hat.

I got part of mine today. Olivia made me stop work this afternoon so we could head out and burn up some powder. She loaded up a few hundred rounds for us to plink with. Had almost the entire safe unloaded and lined up at the range. Wonderful these days to have the gift of time with my kids. Something that is becoming more and more rare to have. Thanks Olivia!

Sharon
    SE Metro

@RandyW1 – I should’ve bought 2 hoodies! My mom was eying it up, and asking what size MY IDO hoodie is. grin

@Walleyebuster5
    , what kind of fishing does your dad enjoy? Maybe take a peak in his tackle box and see if there’s anything missing. Or how about a new fishing shirt? Ooh, or sunglasses? I hear polarized sunglasses are nice to have out on the water. That is, if he doesn’t wear regular glasses.

robby
    Quad Cities

One of the things will be a couple of those hyperevaporative microfiber keep you cool towels. I bought one the other day and think it’s the coolest thing ever invented.

folke2000

I got mine early….Salmon fishing trip with my son in Algoma WI. As Muskietim said….Memories are the greatest gift ever!

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

<Mandatory_IDO_size_matters_response>

And now for the mandatory IDO response:

That’s a nice little boat for 1 guy, but it can get a little cramped. Most guys now are going with a 28 footer as a bare minimum starter boat and then upgrading from there. Personally, I’m really glad I went with a 32 instead of the 30 that I initially thought I wanted. That extra 2 feet makes all the difference.

Also, that 200 HP is kind of underpowered. I mean, it’s ok for the weekend guy, but if you’re out there taking on the big water in the East Metro, you’re going to want to max it. Have you checked out the new Yamaha 450 HP? You won’t regret it.

</Mandatory_IDO_size_matters_response>

Grouse

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.