Farm island

• Mtw88

Just wondering if anyone could tell me ice conditions out on farm island?

Ripjiggen

Haven’t been on farm, but I know some lakes in that area are experiencing some slush spots. I am on a lake less than five miles from farm and I watched a snowmobile dig himself out of a slush pocket. Other lakes I have driven by in the area don’t seem as bad. I just haven’t been by it yet.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Haven’t been on farm, but I know some lakes in that area are experiencing some slush spots. I am on a lake less than five miles from farm and I watched a snowmobile dig himself out of a slush pocket. Other lakes I have driven by in the area don’t seem as bad. I just haven’t been by it yet.

You are correct!

I walked out on a small Aitkin Cty lake today not far from Farm Island.

Once I got out there and started drilling holes, the whole area flooded and was slush all around. I think the slush doesn’t show itself until you have the weight of a snowmobile or wheeler or even just a person standing. It was even slushy everywhere I walked even away from the holes I drilled.

Granted it was a warm sunny day, regardless I was rather surprised the amount of slush.

blakehreha

Anywhere from 9-13” of ice and lots of slush

Mtw88

Ok sounds good thanks for reaching out!

Reed Moormeier
    Chaska, MN

I live on the NW corner of Farm Island, the reports of slush are spot on it’s all over and can be pretty deep, came up to my feet on my 4 wheeler on Saturday the is probably averaged 10″ in the holes I drilled, I’ve had my place here for 18 years and this is the slowest ice fishing I’ve ever seen here. Gonna take a couple day off next week and either go to Winnie and chase perch or Ely and cahse Lakers.

Reed Moormeier
    Chaska, MN

I live on the NW corner of Farm Island, the reports of slush are spot on it’s patchy and all over and can be pretty deep, came up to my feet on my 4 wheeler on Saturday the ice probably averaged 10″ in the holes I drilled, I’ve had my place here for 18 years and this is the slowest ice fishing I’ve ever seen here. Gonna take a couple day off next week and either go to Winnie and chase perch or Ely and chase Lakers.

Mtw88

So still going to be a while before getting the wheelhouse out? You have any luck fishing?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.