Fantasy Football Draft Help

• big_g
    Isle, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>big_g wrote:</div>
    After 11, who cares ?

What if your QB gets hurt?

Players have bye weeks too you know.

I guess if a guy can’t figure that out, maybe just sit it out. Pick a QB or RB.. or whoever. Some guys draft one week and 3 weeks later, have turned their whole line up over. coffee doah jester

eyeguy507
    SE MN

If anyone wants to play against 2 time former champ and over 100K career FF winnings, I am in one of Charch’s guillotine leagues.

Best new FF format and it’s not close. Combo of loser pool, auction and classic FF style.

$100 buy in public league that drafts online Sept 3 @ 830pm. Survive and its $1000.

http://www.guillotineleagues.com

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

OK guys. My draft is on Thur. Once again I’m picking 7th in a 10 Team League. So if things go as most mock drafts are at 7th my likely options are going to be:
    Derrick Henry, Ja’Marr Chase, Najee Harris, or possibly Dalvin Cook. If all of these ate here at the 7th pick, who would you take? With the 14th pick some possible options are: Stefon Diggs, Joe Mixon, D’Andre Swift, CeeDee Lamb. or my guess is that Mark Andrews will also still be available – Who here ?
    I have sucked the last few years and really want to not mess up at least the first 2 round picks. After that I’ll probably just pick the highest rated player I have a need for.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

My draft is on Thur. Once again I’m picking 7th in a 10 Team League

I’m also on Thurs and my draft spot is 9 out of 10. I highly doubt Derrick Henry is going to be there at spot 7. Dalvin Cook or Harris might be though. With pick 9 I also have pick 12 so I’m going with a WR/RB with those first two picks. Maybe someone like Nick Chubb or Mixon at RB and Diggs or Samuel at WR.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishthumper wrote:</div>
    My draft is on Thur. Once again I’m picking 7th in a 10 Team League

I’m also on Thurs and my draft spot is 9 out of 10. I highly doubt Derrick Henry is going to be there at spot 7. Dalvin Cook or Harris might be though. With pick 9 I also have pick 12 so I’m going with a WR/RB with those first two picks. Maybe someone like Nick Chubb or Mixon at RB and Diggs or Samuel at WR.

Most mock drafts are showing Henry at either 7 or 8. They have Cook at 9 or 10 and with the homer angle I think he may go before pick 7 and this will give Henry a chance to to slide back a little. I think all those players you are looking at will be there at Pick 9. Chubb is on most mock draft boards in the low to mid 30’s pick. I think Chubb may even still be available at your 3rd pick if you are in a 10 team draft

BigWerm
    SW Metro

In your league, I wouldn’t take a QB until late, like 6th round or later. Same with TE’s unless you really like one in rounds 3-6. Spend your top picks (like until round 6) on RB’s and a top WR or two. The reason RB’s are so valuable is bc there are very few of them, and the drop off from top 5 RB to top 20 RB is huge, whereas the drop off from Top 5 WR/QB/TE to top 20 is negligible (and hard to predict). Plus you will need RB depth, some or all of your top RB’s will get hurt.

I already told you what to do, and it’s impossible to say who since 6 unknown guys will be gone before you draft. I wouldn’t touch Najee Harris, he has a Lisfranc foot injury, and is supposed to be ready for week 1. However these are notoriously nagging injuries, and he’s a guy whose value comes from the volume of touches he gets, so high likelihood of getting hurt again. I’d move Antonio Gibson up a bit, since rookie Brian Robinson ahead of him just got shot (although he’s out of the hospital already, so who knows). I like both of them in Washington in the mid-rounds for RB depth.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I already told you what to do, and it’s impossible to say who since 6 unknown guys will be gone before you draft. I wouldn’t touch Najee Harris, he has a Lisfranc foot injury, and is supposed to be ready for week 1. However these are notoriously nagging injuries, and he’s a guy whose value comes from the volume of touches he gets, so high likelihood of getting hurt again. I’d move Antonio Gibson up a bit, since rookie Brian Robinson ahead of him just got shot (although he’s out of the hospital already, so who knows). I like both of them in Washington in the mid-rounds for RB depth.

I’m with you on Harris. I saw the news about his injury and I had already crossed him off my draft list. Unless he falls way back and then I may take a chance on him.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Most mock drafts are showing Henry at either 7 or 8.

I would consider taking Henry with the top overall pick. He’s a freaking beast. Although he did get hurt last season, other than that he’s proven to be a durable back given the magnitude of usage he receives. I had him a couple years ago when he rushed for over 2,000 yards.

The only downside he has is when the Titans fall behind by more than one score. He is not a receiving back and he really can’t block, so he has minimal usage in those scenarios. He does get to play Jacksonville and Houston each twice and they are terrible opponents.

I trust him more than McCaffrey at this point in terms of durability.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I would consider taking Henry with the top overall pick. He’s a freaking beast. Although he did get hurt last season, other than that he’s proven to be a durable back given the magnitude of usage he receives. I had him a couple years ago when he rushed for over 2,000 yards.

The only downside he has is when the Titans fall behind by more than one score. He is not a receiving back and he really can’t block, so he has minimal usage in those scenarios. He does get to play Jacksonville and Houston each twice and they are terrible opponents.

I trust him more than McCaffrey at this point in terms of durability.

Ya Henry is someone I hope is available at pick 7 and I think there is a good chance he will be. Our scoring is a PPR format and that may be why Henry is ranking as the 4th overall RB. I’m not a Ekeler fan so I’d rate Henry ahead of him.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’d definitely take Ekeler over Henry in a PPR. I think they are both injury risks, for different reasons, but Ekeler will be in one of the top offenses and he catches a lot of balls. Titans offense is going to struggle imo, and Henry is worthless when they are behind.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Nice.. draft was sunday night.. picked 10th… yup Najee doah crazy jester

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.