Fantasy Football Advice

• Greenhorn
    Bismarck, ND

I need some fantasy football advice. My fantasy league is an auction draft ($200 allowance) that allows you to keep two players from the previous year (with $5 more than what you paid for them last year) I’m going to keep Cooper Kupp for $30, and need help deciding the other player to keep. My options are:
    Kenneth Walker for $8
    Miles Sanders for $6
    Jalen Hurts for $19

Thoughts? Thanks!

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

I’d have a tough time not keeping hurts for $19.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I’d have a tough time not keeping hurts for $19.

I’d second that one if it was me.

big_g
    Isle, MN

All day Hurts. waytogo

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

I need some fantasy football advice. My fantasy league is an auction draft ($200 allowance) that allows you to keep two players from the previous year (with $5 more than what you paid for them last year) I’m going to keep Cooper Kupp for $30, and need help deciding the other player to keep. My options are:
    Kenneth Walker for $8
    Miles Sanders for $6
    Jalen Hurts for $19

Thoughts? Thanks!

I think that really depends on how your points are tallied. Is it a pass friendly league? Is it PPP? More details are needed IMO. Also, have you determined your draft order? Depending on where you draft, you could easily get a better/close to equal QB for cheaper than $19.

Greenhorn
    Bismarck, ND

It is 1 point per reception, nothing per pass. I think I’ll be first in the draft, but that shouldn’t matter too much in an auction draft, right?

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Kenneth Walker for $8
    Miles Sanders for $6
    Jalen Hurts for $19

Thoughts? Thanks!

Kenneth Walker is nursing a groin injury already. Seattle also has rookie Zach Charbonnet who will work to split more and more of the carries

Miles Sanders is also nursing a groin injury already. Carolina’s offense is likely going to be bad with few weapons, so even if Sanders is healthy he is not going to be a TD machine.

Jalen Hurts at $19 isn’t a bad price even if your league devalues the QB spot. The Eagles are going to be good again and he should have plenty of opportunities to score both with his arm and legs.

***I’d keep Hurts. Hurts could regress a bit and the QB position is often not as valuable in fantasy football with the next best options at the position posting similar points, but your alternatives to keep are bad. He’s on a good team and is a dual threat guy.

Casey Hallin

I think that really depends on how your points are tallied. Is it a pass friendly league? Is it PPP? More details are needed IMO. Also, have you determined your draft order? Depending on where you draft, you could easily get a better/close to equal QB for cheaper than $19.
    [/quote]

Although I agree more information would be nice, we know this is an auction as the original post stated. If Mahomes, Allen, Burrow are available and you think you can get any of them for under $20 (good luck) then maybe I’d keep Walker or Sanders. Personally I’d lean Sanders in that situation because I think Charbonnet has a higher potential to steal carries from Walker than Hubbard does from Sanders. Walker and Sanders both have injury history concerns as well.

If I’m you. I sleep easy and keep Kupp and Hurts. Both have the potential to finish #1 at their positions. I don’t think you can say that about Walker and Sanders.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

Although I agree more information would be nice, we know this is an auction as the original post stated. If Mahomes, Allen, Burrow are available and you think you can get any of them for under $20 (good luck) then maybe I’d keep Walker or Sanders. Personally I’d lean Sanders in that situation because I think Charbonnet has a higher potential to steal carries from Walker than Hubbard does from Sanders. Walker and Sanders both have injury history concerns as well.

If I’m you. I sleep easy and keep Kupp and Hurts. Both have the potential to finish #1 at their positions. I don’t think you can say that about Walker and Sanders.
    [/quote]

Yeah, after I made the post it clicked and I realized auction draft.

It still could depend how many people are in his league. Is Hurts the best option he has to keep, very likely. I just don’t like him, and honestly think he’s going to have a down season. I feel he’s a lot like many baseball players that annually hit 10 HRs, then one year hit 38, then back to 10. Plus, he’s one scramble/run away from being knocked out the rest of the year.

This is the beauty about fantasy, everyone can have their own opinion right now, and no one can be proven wrong. Some opinions are a little pie in the sky, so you have to take them with a grain of salt. Hell, I don’t even play FF anymore because no one I played with wanted to play with real money. I’m not going to invest all kinds of time throughout the season to maybe win $1000.

KP
    Hudson, WI

How many teams are in this league is big clue on determining values.

Greenhorn
    Bismarck, ND

12-team league

big_g
    Isle, MN

Pass or run league doesn’t matter with Hurts… 13 rushing TDS in 2022. Lead all QB’s in scoring in most leagues last year.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Pass or run league doesn’t matter with Hurts… 13 rushing TDS in 2022. Lead all QB’s in scoring in most leagues last year.

Mahomes and Allen led most leagues because Hurts got injured in week 15, missing the final 3 weeks of the season. Most fantasy leagues end in week 17, so we can toss out the final week as irrelevant.

Had he played in weeks 16 & 17, he would have very likely overtaken Mahomes and Allen.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Yes, I should have said he averaged 25.2 per game in most leagues, highest for QB’s in the league. I had him last year along with Brown and will do everything I can to get them again. cool

Ripjiggen

Considering you can get Walker or sanders for the same price this year. It’s Hurts without a question.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.