Fancy tires like..

• Deuces

New ride has some low profile fancy crap on it. Good for now but would like to get into more useful rubber for the winter.

Whats the best route? Do you guys trade em in at tire shop? Buy and sell everything outright on CL or FB? Not a fan of online stuff was told some good options there to buy with everything balanced and set to bolt on.

Might consider a set of winter rim and tires too, keep fancy for summer use since I do zero off roading.

How do low profile tow bigger rigs in the 4-6k# range?

Kirk Charipar
    west central wi

Go to TireRack.com. That’s how we got winter rim and tire package(comes mounted, balanced, and lugnuts) for the wife’s car. It came with 19 inch low profile tires, and went with 16 inch rims and tires and saved quite a bit of money that way. Also some auto dealerships will honor buy three get one free tire sales while ordering through Tire Rack.

deertracker

I roll 22s on my Yukon. Pimps don’t take the winter off. rotflol
    DT

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I roll 22s on my Yukon. Pimps don’t take the winter off.

Spectacular. rotflol

It wasn’t that long ago that 20s were huge. I have stock 20s on my Sequoia, and I’ve thought to myself, “Those aren’t very big.” doah

BigWerm
    SW Metro

DT

🤣😂🤣 Play on playa!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Winter tires are the bomb. Blizzak DMV2’s for the win.

Deuces

How loud are they? I got duratracs for the current Yukon and they are phenomenal but hate the noise. Want to quiet this one up a bit.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

If you don’t know about rustys tire in North Minneapolis check them out. It’s been a few years since I’ve been there but a true gem.

Used to be able to get a set of good used tires installed in about 4 minutes for like $20 a tire. Basically a drive thru tire shop

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>

How loud are they? I got duratracs for the current Yukon and they are phenomenal but hate the noise. Want to quiet this one up a bit.

I don’t recall them being loud. Not huge lugs but the winter traction is priceless. I will get 3 seasons out of them and you get at least that additionaly from your summer tires. That’s a lot of years from two sets of tires. I put a lot of miles on so most people would stretch them longer. I just got into them two years ago and could kick myself for waiting so long. James says the same thing.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Come on Beads – Lets see the pics!!!

DT – You sportin spinners and curb feelers with the 22’s?

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

He ain’t fly if he ain’t got these,,,,,

HRG

Attachments:
    1. Houston-wheels.jpg

Deuces

Didn’t think they made winter stuff for the big rims. Looks like I may join the winter pimpin club! toast

bigcrappie
    Blaine

What truck do you have? That will help. FB you can sell anything. I bought some 2021 F-150 take off with 34 miles on them for the same price as the tires would have cost and I got 4 brand new 20″ chrome rims, so deals to be had. If its a ford or Chevy there are tons of new take off sets for $1000 range

patk
    Nisswa, MN

DT

Since there’s no way I can top DT, here’s a more boring note.

Two years ago I traded new tires at the shop and got a fair deal. Yesterday it was completely opposite. Manager at Discount Tire was straight up, I can’t offer you what these are worth. Everyone is buying used from FB Marketplace, Craiglist, etc. He made me an offer and it was insanely low just as he said.

So go see the classifieds, cough cough, hint, hint! shameless plug for me trying to sell a set wave

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Is the Yukon a 4 wheel or all wheel drive?

Deuces

4wd with the 5.3l and most trim packages

The Yukon Denali is AWD with the 6.2l

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I always sell my tires on market place or Craigslist, but I have a in at norms tires and wheels in mpls. So I buy new at cost. When I sell people get great deals.
    I just sold my moto metal 22s with almost new rubber on them for half the cost the wheels alone would cost new. I just wanted a change. So deals are to be had. If you have a Yukon there is a million of them out there and tire size that is very common. Put some nice rubber on the duce duces and be happy. Or buy winter wheels and tires.

Deuces

Cracked rim has me changing to 20s whether I like it or not.

Question, do I need to recalibrate the PC for the new rims immediately or can I take it in after I throw on new ones? Is it just to change the speedometer or are there other functions that change as well for truck engine performance?

Thanks!

MX1825

Cracked rim has me changing to 20s whether I like it or not.

Question, do I need to recalibrate the PC for the new rims immediately or can I take it in after I throw on new ones? Is it just to change the speedometer or are there other functions that change as well for truck engine performance?

Thanks!

You can do it afterwards. You need to get the new tire/wheel size calibrated into the truck. It calibrates your speedometer and also affects transmission shift points.

On another note just bought a 2nd set of OE rims and tires for my 18 Silverado. $1200 for rims, new GY tires, and new TPMS sensors. Now I have winter/summer swap sets.

Deuces

No shops I have spoke with brought up any issues other than calibrating the speedometer and tpms.

Just gonna send it and hope for the best.

Specs arent far off, about +1.8mph at 65.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20220601-164501.png

KPE
    River Falls, WI

In theory, if you don’t re-cal shouldn’t your odo stay lower too? Might be better for re-sale jester

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I’ve used both on Chevy Diesel pickups. Nothing I’ve used compares to the Blizzaks for traction when driving on pavement in icy conditions and they aren’t as noisy as the duratracs.

B-man

No 20″ blades on the Impala??

Deuces

No blades for this guy unfortunately bman, beads always go well with the spinners tho….

Put blizzaks on the kids car and can’t express how much better u feel seeing your kid take off in snowy weather with some great tires.

Goodyear trail runners came on the new rims, will be seeing how they run this winter.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.