Fair Chase Fishing?

• LabDaddy1

Ive always been worried about fish finding technology. And I have always thought it was heading the direction of Star Trek when they could scan for life forms. This particular tech is going that direction and I dont like the inevitable results.

Same here, honestly.

And I can just see the day you put on your 3D live imaging 8G WiFi-enabled immersion goggles and see the fish and structure as if there was no water 😂

Hey

I’m very lucky to live on a walleye factory lake. I’ve seen zero DNR in over 3 years. Write all the rules in the world but it takes people to enforce them.

I had 15 plus walleyes come into my magical fish catching machine (livescope) last night. I should write a letter to Garmin I want a refund. It didn’t catch a single one.

I’m a firm believer that those who complain have no understanding of the technology. Especially ice fishing other then bluegill and crappie.

The real issue has never changed here. Those that sit in community holes and keep everything they catch night after night. Especially smaller lakes that can’t take much pressure. Or the out of staters on vacation who have to keep everything they catch.

It’s nice that the 5 bluegill per passed but there is a giant loophole. They can go to 4 different lakes and keep 20 every day. Bring your 2 kids out and triple that

Obsession
    Maple Grove

It’s nice that the 5 <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>bluegill per passed but there is a giant loophole. They can go to 4 different lakes and keep 20 every day. Bring your 2 kids out and triple that

The 5 gill limit is a lake-specific restriction. Even if an angler is motivated to keep 20 gills by harvesting 5 gills each from four different restricted lakes…..they still only keep 5 gills from any one of the restricted lakes. To that point, the restricted gill limits are effective for specific lakes.

Hey

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Hey wrote:</div>
    It’s nice that the 5 <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>bluegill per passed but there is a giant loophole. They can go to 4 different lakes and keep 20 every day. Bring your 2 kids out and triple that

The 5 gill limit is a lake-specific restriction. Even if an angler is motivated to keep 20 gills by harvesting 5 gills each from four different restricted lakes…..they still only keep 5 gills from any one of the restricted lakes. To that point, the restricted gill limits are effective for specific lakes.

No it’s not. Live up here and you would see the abuse. Just take 5 and head to your truck. Then another 5 and head to your truck. If you have 20 per in tour truck by nights end your good. Head off the lake with 20… DNR can’t do anything unless they saw you in the act.

20 in possession. Prove I didn’t go to 3 other lakes.

DNR is no-where to be found in many country areas so if you wanna keep 50 there’s almost zero chance anything happens to those who cheat.

The cheaters are way more destructive then technology.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.