Prop Wash Walleye’s??

• bthess
    Manly, IA

Okay i’m really confused and trying to learn more about why this work’s some times. This afternoon my dad and I were on a shallow lake running Jointed Shad Rap’s in 9 foot of water 40′ behind the boat catching yellow’s. We were also running the same setup on planer boards. We had a healthy 26″ walleye hit the pole directly behind the boat in the propwash. Any idea’s or thoughts as this isn’t the first time this has worked for me on this particular body of water. Thanks!!

stasney
    New Prague, MN

maybe the propwash scatters baitfish under the boat, and you get a reaction bite becouse of that.

wallster
    Austin, MN

Ben, I have wondered the same thing. Its just like fishing that shallow lake just north of you. 35-40ft back behind the boat. Maybe they react to the current of the prop, as I have noticed when we get rain and the water rises the fish turn on.
    Wallster ><((((>

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

I always thought it was from the prop stiring oxygen into the water.

Who knows for sure???

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

It works salmon fishing also. The idea of bait scattering makes the most sense to me. Along with bait being chased to the top by other predators and walleye are adapting in shallow lakes to join in.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

My dad caught a 30″ eye in the prop wash on a shallow bay of a bigger lake last May.

He was just sick of pulling weeds off the crank, chalk it up to laziness.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

When my dad and I used to fish northerns in the spring his first cast was ALWAYS in the prop wash we just created as we approched the spot

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.