Nice River eye

• fishhead50111
    Central Iowa

I managed to get this big one last Sunday in the afternoon below Saylorville spillway in central Iowa, 27.5 inches and almost 9 lbs.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Beautiful fish! Thanks for sharing the photo.

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

that’s a heck of an eye right there, congrats!

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Real nice Iowa piggy!!!

fishhead50111
    Central Iowa

Thanks guys. I did watch the rainy lake spinner walleye video today(awesome info) and that got me thinking about fishing in the spillway tube there, using a Lindy bottom rig with a spinner, in the boils or so, when you can lift up on the rod a little bit, lower it down and feel the weight hit the bottom, should work out good, no snags. I will try it out soon and give a report about it, something new to do, 15 minutes away from me.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

very nice fish!

thanks for the picture.

Jami

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Great lookin’ walleye

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

Thanks guys. I did watch the rainy lake spinner walleye video today(awesome info) and that got me thinking about fishing in the spillway tube there, using a Lindy bottom rig with a spinner, in the boils or so, when you can lift up on the rod a little bit, lower it down and feel the weight hit the bottom, should work out good, no snags. I will try it out soon and give a report about it, something new to do, 15 minutes away from me.

That’s a great way to fish a spillway! I used to fish like that at the Snake River Dam in Pine City as a kid. Hopefully you will have success!

Nice fish by the way!

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Congrats on a great fish. That’s the kind of fish that keep us going back.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.