my first trip to mille lacs

• mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

well yesterday I finnally found someone who wanted to go out to mille lacs with me in my boat. I wasn’t sure where to go right off the bat so I headed out to the nearest gravel from where we launched. well we get to the bar, and I start getting rods rigged up. well we start drifting and after about a half hour I notice that she has a fish on her line. I should add that my friend has never fished for, or cought a walleye in her life! well she reels it up and I all of a sudden got real pissed that I forget my net at home after measureing the fish 3 times and only getting one pic on my cell phone, the fish swam back to its haunts. now hopefully I can get the pic loaded on here

mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

I told her that I felt bad because now she has no more reason to fish for walleyes being that fish is going to be really hard to top

mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

btw it measured right at 28″ and I didn’t dare keep it although it would have made a sweet mount

saguarokid
    Waterloo, Ia

Great way to start!!!

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

THAT’S HER FIRST EVER WALLEYE? JUST KIDDING…CONGRATS ON A DANDY FISH! I DOUBT YOU’LL HAVE A HARD TIME GETTING HER TO GO AGAIN!

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Very nice fish!! How did you do the rest of the day?

mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

Quote:

Very nice fish!! How did you do the rest of the day?

after that fish we only got one more fish. a 13.5″ perch another PB for her. lol sadly I got nothing other then the joy of watching her catch fish. however I did spend a lot of running the boat after the wind died down. after that the fishing got really tough

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Nice Bigger than my biggest to date… I need to fish more

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Way to go Mike and company. Nice fish.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Very nice Walleye, and a good day on the water.
    Congrats..
    Jack.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

I’ll bet shes ”hooked on fishing” now. Congrats.
    Thanks, Bill

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

That’s a great fish. Good job!

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

Nice fish Mike.

It’s good to see your enjoying the new boat.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

btw it measured right at 28″ and I didn’t dare keep it although it would have made a sweet mount

Way to go Mike!

You know, you can get her a replica made and it will last a lifetime, and the fish gets to swim again so I can catch it when it’s 30-inches. It would be pretty cool to have a replica of your first fish, especially if it’s a 28-incher!

mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

I really thought about a replica after the fact, but sadly I didn’t get a girth measurement on top of that, the bad news is the fish was in real rough shap even though it swam away from the boat right away. hopefully you will be about to catch it when it hits that magical 30″ mark

btw, go figure but my next trip out there I didn’t catch a fish at all oh well there is always another time

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.