Crankbait storage

• Mark Steffes
    Farmington, MN

I need a better way of storing my crankbaits I’m tired of opening up the tackle box & having to untangle 4 crankbaits. I was wondering what other guy’s have used to solve this problem or is there a better tackle box for crankbait storage. Thanks

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I use B and B Bait boxes. They work great. All the cranks are stored individually. I believe I can put 96 in mine without doubling up.

shaley
    Milford IA

I run the same B&B bait box myself and love it.

nick858
    Eldora, Iowa

Do you have a link? Cant find anything.

Mark Steffes
    Farmington, MN

Lenny do you have Model #967?

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Plano Flip Sider 3734.

$10 they hold 22 or so cranks up to #8’s.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

I use B and B Bait boxes. They work great. All the cranks are stored individually. I believe I can put 96 in mine without doubling up.

My thoughts exactly ..great boxes if you dont mind spending the money ,I have 2, a total cost of around $165.

they even float

theodorenugget
    Sugar Land, TX

Quote:

I’m tired of opening up the tackle box & having to untangle 4 crankbaits.

Untangling 4 ??? Sounds like you need more crankbaits !!

gary_wellman
    South Metro

If you are not up for springing that type of coin for a tackle box, go to your dentist shop.

Get the little rubber binders they use on braces.

Hook the binder to the front and back treble hooks. Keeps them tight and secure and is very cheap.

Another choice is getting the hook bonnets at Cabelas. I have these and they work good. Kind of a pain taking them off and putting them on, but it really does help a lot!
    hook bonnets

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

I like the Falcon FTO705. They store 20 baits and are around $10. same size as a plano box so they fit in almost all bags.

Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

I second the falcon box idea. I started using them this spring and I love them. They are tougher than plano and they have 4 latches so they won’t warp in the corners.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Check out the Special Mate Tackle Box. I have seen them in action, and they work great. $50 to store 120 baits.

Special Mate

mike_utley
    Zumbrota, MN

Cass Lake rock points – 4-6 per year.

Mille Lac – shallow rock bars, not sure how many I’m storing there?

Pool 4 – too many to count, various locations, various storage methods.

As for the one’s in the, I use a vertical storage container that can store crankbaits or large bucktail spinners. Works well and doesn’t dropped lures. I think I picked it up at Gander or Fleet Farm – not sure.

danno
    Central MN

Another voucher for B&B.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

A B&B is the only way I’ve found to store large numbers of crankbaits without wasting a bunch of space. A 966 will easily hold 192 shad raps (2 per slot). I used to use planos that held 20 or so baits. Stack 10 planos on top of each other and you get a heck of a stack of boxes.

I carry 3 B&B’s for river fishing. One for raps and other deep divers. One of casting cranks. The other for stickbaits. That’s nearly 600 crankbaits. When I’m on mille lacs I carry many, many more. Do I use them all each night? No, of course not. But I use cranks from each box each night. And over the course of my stay up there I use nearly every size / shape / style.

The planos are handy for storing a small number of cranks. For serious crank nutz… they just don’t cut it.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

sorry try this Special Mate 8

Yeah, that’s very similar to the B&B. Not as purty but functionality comes first.

catmando
    wis

I hear you, i store mine in the clear planos pick one out, and out comes six i call it the rapala jiggle jiggle till it comes loose. DOES a man really need 300 cranks in the boat at all times? YEP

shaley
    Milford IA

I like those special mates will keep them in mind when I outgrow my B&B. At the rate I’m going it wont be long

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.