Lindy-style walking sinkers.

• timmy

Am I so far behind the times that I am the only person to still prefer this type of sinker when rigging? I am getting low on my original home-poured stash and realized that I can not find them for sale in bulk anywhere. With all of my molds having been the victim of theft a few years back, it looks like I will have to bite the bullet and buy new molds .

Does anyone on here know where to find these sinkers in bulk? My time is more valuable to me right now with the new family….so I would rather buy a few pounds of them than take the time to pour them.

Tim

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Where do you live?

timmy

Osceola WI

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Try Trails End in Fridley, they have a couple guys that pour for them, they can probably get you set up. 763-784-9080, tell them Dan Larson sent you.

mark winkels

I have used the bottom bouncers and lindy’s no snag, how are these walkers compared to the others? Do they tend to get snagged less or is it about even?

rod-man
    Pine City, MN.

cabelas sells them by the pound

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Quote:

cabelas sells them by the pound

and by a 25 ct. package!!

Sinkers

starkj25

sportsmans warehouse in woodbury has them in bulk 25 cents a piece and any size and color you want

timmy

Thanks guys! I never looked at the on-line cabela’s site. I get the hardcover catalog and didn’t see them in there, so I assumed they quit carrying them.

As far as snags – I think they are better than eggs or bullets, but not as good as no-snaggs or bouncers. For snags, it is tough to beat the old steelheaders trick of using a ‘slinky’ rig: several #5 split shots in a parachute cord case……the ultimate in snag resistance.

Tim

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.