Clackin Rap…..Beating a DEad horse

• Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

Guys I hate to beat a dead horse but as weed growth tops out Rapala’s clackin rap burned over the top of the weeds continues to produce fish for me. Color does not seem to be a big deal, water is more stained out here and the brighter chartreuse and yellows are working well. I love this bait cuz you you can burn it a few feet under the surface or count it down along a weedline. Good luck for those getting out in the next few days. – Q

elk_addict
    Northern IA/Lincoln Lakes Area

We were up to the cabin all last week. I had the grandson with me and I typically target the edge of weedbeds with jig and plastic worms on some lakes and use DT10’s on one specific lake. This always gets him allot of bass, northern and the occasional walleye. I found kids love the action and the battle that bass and northern give them.

The cabbage beds on one of my favorite lakes are really behind schedule. I have a #3 Clackin Rap in a shad like pattern that never had been used. I started casting this and reeling back with a steady retrieve. This lure was unbelievable! I caught large numbers of bass, northern and a few walleyes. It worked in the weeds and on the rock bars. Every fish had the bait engulfed in their mouths. I don’t know why I never used it before but the results were unbelievable. I will definetly be adding several more to my tackle box!

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

Hungry Midsummer Sodak eyes on the Rapala Clackin Rap Size 7

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.