Evers Resort……not what it used to be.

• Joel VandeKrol
    Ankeny, IA

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>
    I will admit I’m likely the only person not on Facebook so posting here is for selfish reasons. frown

You, me and hundreds of others who don’t need the world to know what we are up to every moment of our lives for validation of our importance to the world.

You don’t have to post status updates, etc on social media to be a member. You can become a member and simply follow/subscribe. Lots of good information out there.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mplspug wrote:</div>
    Hundreds lol.

Reference to the Common Man Progrum?

No, I just thought it was funny in the context of how many Facebook users there are in the world. And I wasn’t taking a shot at him either, I mean he could have said millions too.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Pug if you want to keep in touch try calling them on the phone and have a real conversation. coffee

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Pug if you want to keep in touch try calling them on the phone and have a real conversation. coffee

You are assuming they would answer when they saw he was calling. smirk

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

jester

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Texts/Instant message isn’t a real conversation? I can talk to them all at once whenever I want. Its a beautiful thing.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

You guys must not know why Pug had to move to Florida I’m guessing. coffee

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Yeah to get away from people like yuz guyz! doah

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Well that didn’t work out as planned. shock

muskeye
    Duluth, Mn

I haven’t been very impressed over the last 5 or so years using their launch. I’d like to see them up their daily usage charge back to $7 and invest a little of that into dock upkeep. Would be nice to have some of the dock space filled in with bumpers instead of nails, and a dock that was closer to the landing incase you need to unload your boat solo.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I’d like to see them up their daily usage charge back to $7 and invest a little of that into dock upkeep. Would be nice to have some of the dock space filled in with bumpers instead of nails, and a dock that was closer to the landing incase you need to unload your boat solo.

You know Mr. Muskeye, EVERYONE has complained about the sides of the docks…including me. You’re message has been heard and thanks for the reminder.

The new folks took over Jan 1 2016 and have been working feverishly to improve the cabins (it’s not just paying a fee to get a permit) and have reworked so many thing over the last 3 months. Take a look a the “What’s happening at Everts” thread.

I can’t put words in the mouth of the resort, but I’ll guess that will be taken care of this summer when things slow down a bit.

Hell we’re still trying to get the massive amounts of people parked quickly and efficiently!

The potential for the resort to be better then ever is there, but we do need your support to make it happen. waytogo

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

PS if you’re launching alone ask at the bait shop for help.
    “Most” times we can come out and give you a hand. Again I say MOST times.

4seasonsport
    Inactive
    Red Wing, MN

Muskeye
    I would like to add a little to Brian Ks response above. The small dock has all new bumpers added where needed as of about 2 weeks ago. The bumpers for the large dock are in the container shed waiting for the opportunity to replace them, it will not be long now.

As far as the placement of the small dock it is placed there strategically for a reason. If someone ties their boat up to the side of the dock it renders that ramp unusable until the boat is removed, which in the spring could be 10-15 minutes. We understand it is not easy for someone unloading themselves but if you tie a long enough rope to the front of your boat it is not an issue. We see it don’t with no complications many, many times a day.

Thank you, Chris Winchester

muskeye
    Duluth, Mn

Understood, I figured that was the reason.

mr-special
    MPLS

I think they have a pretty nice shoreline and just beach my boat. i do it with others or solo. however, if you go dwnstream more towards back40 be a lil more careful that area is a lil more rocky but not bad at all

Keep up the good work guys.

PS,
    BK i miss you last time dwn, so no SPAM. Do you think you can get all the employees to make SPAM every morning??? maybe we can do a SPAM donation jar eh =)

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Oh boy!!

muskeye
    Duluth, Mn

I think they have a pretty nice shoreline and just beach my boat. i do it with others or solo. however, if you go dwnstream more towards back40 be a lil more careful that area is a lil more rocky but not bad at all.

I launch solo about 95% of the time, the issue was the launch is fairly shallow. By the time the back of my boat was floating, the water was half way between my rear tire and front door. I’ll just bring the hip boots next time, or a longer rope.

4seasonsport
    Inactive
    Red Wing, MN

The more creative guys have a long rope which will reach the cab of their truck. They back in until the boat is floating while holding on to the rope. As the boat floats off they just step out and walk it to the dock. Slick as Spam poo!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I resemble that.

Art Green
    Brookfield,WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mnrabbit wrote:</div>

Hundreds lol.

No, I just thought it was funny in the context of how many Facebook users there are in the world. And I wasn’t taking a shot at him either, I mean he could have said millions too.

Yes I sarcastically said hundreds. Just tired of hearing “like us on Facebook”, crap space, and the trucking hash tag crap. I still believe in having a 5 minutes phone conversation vs. 30 minutes of annoying slow texting when I have other pokers in the fire; And I don’t have time to do the things I like to do and much less time or interest to look at crappy “social media” sights. Just saying. To each there own.

mojogunter

Next time don’t hold back, and let us know how you really feel. grin

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mnrabbit wrote:</div>

Hundreds lol.

Yes I sarcastically said hundreds. Just tired of hearing “like us on Facebook”, crap space, and the trucking hash tag crap. I still believe in having a 5 minutes phone conversation vs. 30 minutes of annoying slow texting when I have other pokers in the fire; And I don’t have time to do the things I like to do and much less time or interest to look at crappy “social media” sights. Just saying. To each there own.

catmando
    wis

yep i use the beach also, always have a pair of hip boots to wear ,to shove the boat off with.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Tread lightly all, as if BK can’t do it all himself. You lose him then good luck to all over there. Give them all a break and don’t be shy in giving them a hand as this new ownership is a learning curve as BK stated earlier in his posts. I like launching at Everts, don’t get me wrong, but I also like launching where it is free, and a big parking lot to offer as well. BK has gone through a lot of ownership changes but still keeps fighting for the cause. If nothing else, be considerate of a guy who has been dedicated for a number of years to try and make sure everyone has a good time.
    Trust me, in the customer service industry it is a difficult task to make everyone happy 100% of the time waytogo

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Tread lightly all, as if BK can’t do it all himself. You lose him then good luck to all over there. Give them all a break and don’t be shy in giving them a hand as this new ownership is a learning curve as BK stated earlier in his posts. I like launching at Everts, don’t get me wrong, but I also like launching where it is free, and a big parking lot to offer as well. BK has gone through a lot of ownership changes but still keeps fighting for the cause. If nothing else, be considerate of a guy who has been dedicated for a number of years to try and make sure everyone has a good time.
    Trust me, in the customer service industry it is a difficult task to make everyone happy 100% of the time waytogo

Yep I agree, wave take it easy on BK! After all He Is getting hah up in the years now. He has even admitted it, as he is “Hanging up the hat” chased
    DO you need my GrandFadders gold topped Cain my elderly old friend? rotflol

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Denny, I have friends in Iowa. Vinny and Guido.

Jonesy

I haven’t been very impressed over the last 5 or so years using their launch. I’d like to see them up their daily usage charge back to $7 and invest a little of that into dock upkeep. Would be nice to have some of the dock space filled in with bumpers instead of nails, and a dock that was closer to the landing incase you need to unload your boat solo.

I agree with the dock and I also would like to see the dock closer to the launch.

Muskeye
    I would like to add a little to Brian Ks response above. The small dock has all new bumpers added where needed as of about 2 weeks ago. The bumpers for the large dock are in the container shed waiting for the opportunity to replace them, it will not be long now.

As far as the placement of the small dock it is placed there strategically for a reason. If someone ties their boat up to the side of the dock it renders that ramp unusable until the boat is removed, which in the spring could be 10-15 minutes. We understand it is not easy for someone unloading themselves but if you tie a long enough rope to the front of your boat it is not an issue. We see it don’t with no complications many, many times a day.

Thank you, Chris Winchester

I understand what you are saying and the issues that could come from having the dock closer. Every time I have launched out of everts I have been alone and every time I have to get wet to load my boat (I don’t powerload, should probably get some guide ons) In the local river I fish by my house I am able to pack my trailer pretty much right next to the dock and I am able to use the dock for leverage to get the boat on and stay dry. I have never been able to pull my boat back towards the trailer from the dock at everts. Maybe I need to angle my trailer more.

mojogunter

I too like the dock right next to the ramp for loading and unloading when I fish alone on a lake. Keep in mind in higher current like there is now, if the dock were that close down current of the ramp it wouldn’t be possible to load like you should, by driving into the current and turning onto the trailer. You would have to try to time your approach to hit your trailer just right, and we all know several people would misjudge and most likely hit the dock. In the middle of winter when there is very little current I could see the dock closer, but not now.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Evers Resort……not what it used to be.’ is closed to new replies.