Ever find lost fishing gear?

• mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Every few months, especially ice season, we see messages on the boards and face book about gear that has been found or someone lost. Remember, it is pretty easy to take a sharpie marker and write your name and phone number on you gear. Black or silver should easily write on any thing you need.

Will that ensure it will be returned to you? No, but it sure makes it easier for someone to find you if they would like to. Something that is very easy to do could be what saves your season.

Something to think about. (hint, hint wink, wink)

404 ERROR
    MN

I wish people would put their name and number on all the trash left on the ice. roll

But yes, that is a great idea and I do it on almost all of my gear. I have my name and number engraved on my Honda generator and also engraved inside the generator in an inconspicuous spot, in case it gets stolen.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I wish people would put their name and number on all the trash left on the ice.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the title of this thread. Yeah, I find stuff all the time, usually in the form of empty bait cups, fishing line, empty supply boxes, etc.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Will that ensure it will be returned to you? No, but it sure makes it easier for someone to find you if they would like to. Something that is very easy to do could be what saves your season.

thanks for the reminder. I made one of these bone headed mistakes. Left my rod bag that also had a ton of goodies in it too. Good Samaritan wanted to do the right thing but had no way to contact me. Thankfully we both said something at the local bait shop and got connected.

Seems I need reminders to learn my lesson, this is now on my must do list before the season starts.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Ive been known to leave un wanted gear at landings. Good way to get rid of it.

nailswi
    Waunakee, WI

Ive been known to leave un wanted gear at landings. Good way to get rid of it.

I hope that was sarcasm.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I wish people would put their name and number on all the trash left on the ice. roll

But yes, that is a great idea and I do it on almost all of my gear. I have my name and number engraved on my Honda generator and also engraved inside the generator in an inconspicuous spot, in case it gets stolen.

doesn’t do any good anyway. we found garbage laying in the woods. found a name and address, sent the quilty party a letter and reported it to authorities……. a month later we picked it up and got rid of it!!!!!

Jonesy

I lost my rain bibs and a black columbia jacket on pool 4 last year. A few weeks later somebody contacted me on here and said they found my pants. Just happened to be lucky that he was on this site and realized they were my pants by my avatar.

gonehunting

A couple years ago I read a thread like this and got me to thinking abut how someone would identify my stuff so that they could return it to me (if they were kind enough to do so). I have now attached small waterproof luggage tags to both my vexilars and rod/tackle bags. I also put my name and phone number on the bottom of my buddy heater. It is also important to write down serial numbers. If for some reason someone wants you to identify it you can provide the serial number which will easily prove it was yours. This would work for the Vexilars and buddy heater also. Simple things to do.

Bob/MN

A very good idea to ID your gear.
    I had a bag with $200 worth of gear fall off of my tail gate and was never recovered. -(

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.