Dunwright Lifelike Curly Tail baits melt.

• Seth Larson
    Winfield, MO

I bought one of these lures after seeing them featured on one of the In Depth Outdoors episodes. I thought it looked like a great bait. I went to put it on my line for the first time on Saturday and it had completely melted down to a glob of goo. I never got to throw it. After looking on their website I noticed that they recommend storing them away from other types of plastic baits. Don’t make the same mistake as me. Don’t store them with your bull dawgs.

I have no doubt that they are great baits. I only bring this up to make others aware before you destroy a $25 bait and others that are around it. My loss was around $125

Thanks, Seth

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Also from their website:

The Dunwright Tackle Warranty: The choice to do what is easy or what is right.

Dunwright Tackle is a family owned company located in Big Lake Minnesota. Our warranty is simple, if you have a problem with any Dunwright Product, call me, Dan Vogel, at 763-263-5793, and I will take care of it. If you run over one of our products with your truck…..we’ll have to work something out.

I’d bet if you give him a call he will give you a replacement.

lots-of-luck
    Mayer, MN

Formula X is nasty stuff. I just threw away some of the old Shack Attack stuff that were a melted mess.

Bob Bowman
    MN

Quote:

I bought one of these lures after seeing them featured on one of the In Depth Outdoors episodes. I thought it looked like a great bait. I went to put it on my line for the first time on Saturday and it had completely melted down to a glob of goo. I never got to throw it. After looking on their website I noticed that they recommend storing them away from other types of plastic baits. Don’t make the same mistake as me. Don’t store them with your bull dawgs.

I have no doubt that they are great baits. I only bring this up to make others aware before you destroy a $25 bait and others that are around it. My loss was around $125

Thanks, Seth

Call Dan

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

Looks like you’ve created a new mutant lure!

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

Also from their website:

The Dunwright Tackle Warranty: The choice to do what is easy or what is right.

Dunwright Tackle is a family owned company located in Big Lake Minnesota. Our warranty is simple, if you have a problem with any Dunwright Product, call me, Dan Vogel, at 763-263-5793, and I will take care of it. If you run over one of our products with your truck…..we’ll have to work something out.

I’d bet if you give him a call he will give you a replacement.

I agree with John and Bob

Dan is good people I have no doubt he’ll take care of you

Seth Larson
    Winfield, MO

Dan got back to me last night. He insisted that he send me a new bait to replace the one that melted. I tried to convince him that a replacement wasn’t necessary because it was my fault. He wouldn’t have it. He is mailing me a new bait. Thanks Dan! I can’t wait to give it a shot at the lake.

Seth

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I just recently met Dan. He’s a great guy and this type of customer service doesn’t surprise me. Hopefully you catch a nice fat 50 on the new bait!!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Now that is great customer service!

audemp
    Wi

what type of tackle box do you recommend or use to avoid a problem like this? Im new to muskie fishing and dont want to learn the hard way with destroying 25$ baits.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I put mine in a cheap rubbermaid bin and that has worked fine.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.