Great day muskie fishing

• tennispro
    Sterling, IL

I have to start out by saying that today started as a bass trip that turned into a muskie free for all. We caught a few bass and then went into a bay that was full of spawning bluegill. Then we noticed Muskie every place. We saw 10 different muskies.
    We landed two, I broke one off on a hook set bad knot I think. I also lost one half way to the net.

These were the first muskie that my brother and myself ever caught while muskie fishing. It was also my biggest muskie todate. They were both over 36″ but we did not have a tape to know how long exactly. I really thought I was having a heart attack for about 45min. We kept getting follows but they would not all eat. The look on the little kids face that was standing on a dock that we pulled one out of. The kid could have been 4 at the oldest, he cried and ran off.

The first picture was my fish, and the other was my brothers.

I now know why muskie guys are so into it,
    Jeremy

Bob Bowman
    MN

Thats fantastic, Congrats to you both

Give a topwater a huck or two over those fish, a big bulge behind a topwater will blow your mind. Thanks for sharing, those are two very nice fish.

dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

were you on the river or a lake? If you were on the mississippi i’ve never heard of them that far south. Good job! Dan

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Great job, those shallow early skis can get a guy sparked up!

Sell the bass gear……….you two are done for

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Now its in your blood

You’ve got a fever and the perscription isn’t more cow bell

Now you’re gonna wanna see more of that and that’ll kick off a spending spree to which there is no end

Rods, reels, nets, release tools, tackle boxes, magazine subscriptions, and of course bait ( which you can never have enough of )

Nice fish

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Is that first pic a tiger? Love the pattern and color of it! Congrats on a fun day!

tennispro
    Sterling, IL

We were on a small 60 acre lake in Northern Illinois.

tennispro
    Sterling, IL

Quote:

Is that first pic a tiger? Love the pattern and color of it! Congrats on a fun day!

That is what we were trying to figure out. There were tigers stocked in the lake. But I don’t think they have stocked any in a long time??

What do you guys think?? Tiger or not??

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

I’d say it’s a Tiger

lots-of-luck
    Mayer, MN

Quote:

I’d say it’s a Tiger

I’m not so sure. Tough to tell in those pics.

tennispro
    Sterling, IL

Quote:

Quote:

I’d say it’s a Tiger

I’m not so sure. Tough to tell in those pics.

Yeah sorry about that, dang cell phone cameras

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

It is difficult to tell as you can only see the top half of the tail. If it was more rounded than pointy, it was a tiger. But I can’t really tell from that pic.

Mark

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

It is difficult to tell as you can only see the top half of the tail. If it was more rounded than pointy, it was a tiger. But I can’t really tell from that pic.

Mark

I see what you’re talking about now

I’m looking at it in different light and now it looks like it has more spots

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

plunge:

You thinkin’ leopard???

Mark

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.