Stickin a pig in Canada

• bigpike

Leaving tommorrow for my wish it was my home waters Nipigon Ontario, hoping to stick a 25# pig. Better yet how about a triple header. 10# pike, 40# Laker along with the 25# pike. That would be the dream trip. I will have a bigger boat this year and hope to cover a little new water, into parts of the lake that are virtually un-fished. Depending on the weather, either way the fishing will be great. Anybody else planning on or already have been to Canada this year? Hears to a good Canadien brew and fishing

love2fish
    Shoreview, Grand Rapids, MN

Good Luck BigPike. That is a great body of water. Yes, several of us from this site are planning a trip to Lake Tobin in Saskatewan in October. We still have some roon, you in?

John

bigpike

Wow, that sounds cool, send me the info on it and I’ll let you know….is that a fly in catered type trip? Sounds like a real trophy hunt type trip…

Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

Good Luck, I’ll be chasing you up there. We’ll cross the border around midnight and head up north of Pickle Lake. Can’t wait and can’t sleep.

bigpike

Hey just got back, FYI for all you guys going, the water is down 3-4′ up there and it is affecting the fishing, I caught a 19.5# pike a 20.5# laker and the biggest walley in my boat was 7.9#, considering the conditions and the lousy weather the whole time I’d say we did pretty good, the water temp went from 58 down to 53 from the time we got there till the time we left, I didn’t get to explore the big lake due to lousy weather conditions and a un-trust worthy boat motor, it was a good time….I’ll post a few pictures when I get them

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

Boy Lake Tobin in Oct is about as good as it gets. Went last year second week Oct and had to put the rod down to eat lunch while trolling. Spectacular fishery. I just wish it wasn’t 953 miles of driving.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.