So………. what lure……….

• stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

has your attention for this new season? Is it a new color, new style, new to you???

I want to expand my experience with Kilr Eels but maybe try one of the new Flying Witches. Musky Innovations also has a twister tail fish in sucker, ciscoe, and bullhead that looks “fishy”. Anyway, just wondering what lure is pumping your hopes and anticipations for this year?

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

The new Minnow rap looks great. Watched Stange destroy fish on it last week-end There goes another 200$

gary_wellman
    South Metro

I got some “custom” spinnerbaits coming my way that I’m really excited to put the screws too.

Also, I need to connect one of these days with another IDA big fish guy and whip up a couple of bigger tinsle tail bucktails.

However, I will keep going back to the time proven Phantom and Phantom Soft Tail gliders.

I’ve heard too many mixed reviews on the Eels. I know they trigger strikes, but I’ve read too many times with hook up problems.

I also got a handfull of Salmo baits that I’m going to give a hard run again this year. I can’t say I’m total impressed with them yet. The paint scheme is awesome, but I’m questioning the action of them….

Bob Bowman
    MN

I will second the Salmo, the Skinner is a great early season bait. Twitch, pause… and hold on tight. These things work awesome over shallow weeds and rocks.

Bob Bowman
    MN

I am really jazzed to get out and work these more this year. Dunwright came out with a new plastic late last fall. I had the chance to get out and use them late last year, I was very pleased with the action on these baits. The plastic is called Forumla X, and it is the strongest stuff I have seen so far. These baits work great when twitched, trolled or cranked. I will be spending a lot of time this year with these, for sure

gary_wellman
    South Metro

I like that lure Bob!
    What kind of coin do they go for?

Bob Bowman
    MN

Quote:

I like that lure Bob!
    What kind of coin do they go for?

FREE

The 8″ are $10.99 and the 12″ are $13.99 at Thorne Brothers…I think it is very cheap as far as muskie baits go

pahaarstad
    metro

I can not wait to try some of my big #10 colorado baits I made up is winter. I’m going with rubber skirts as to the tinesl. They look great and can not wait to see how the fish like them.

haner

You wanna sell me one of those bucktails you made?

keepcasting
    Excelsior

I will second the Dunwright fomula X lures…I have 2 of the 8″ pike cranks to try in a couple of weeks!! Got them at the Blaine show for $10 each

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

The Eels are understandably underdogs for hooking up because they don’t have trebles. Single hooks add a little challenge to the game. What I liked about them is the eratic movements…… almost unpredictable, and the toughness of the plastic. I had a 42″ take one squarely in the jaws and fight and twist and all that fun stuff we can’t get enough of……. anyway, we won the battle and when I dug the bait out of her jaws, I couldn’t find a tear in the plastic anywhere!!! Upon further inspection later on, I did find a 1/16th rip on the edge of the plastic behind the 3rd hook. When I saw that lure stuck in Rippersville, I thought I’d need to buy a new one. Nope……….. pretty impressive.

The other element about the eels is that you have to remember to let the fish take it before you swing that stick sideways. Treat it like a quickset sucker rig or Bull Dawg. If you let them take it, you’ll hook into more of them.

Those Dunwright lures look HOT!!! I saw them at Sportsman’s Warehouse and almost picked one up. I still may……… they look HOT!

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Dang Kid…..I was trying to talk myself out of not buying these…….

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.