Big Days on the Water

• haner

What was your best day ever for muskie fishing? How many fish in 1 day? Size? What was the trick or pattern that made that day so great?

timmy

13 fish for me, 6 for my partner. This was in MN. 48″ and 45″ were my big two. Most were 40-43. Lost many more. This was in terrible weather in 6.5 hours. No hot baits, as everything that got tossed ended up getting bit. I am sure I will never re-live that day.

Tim

haner

Wow, what a day. Have heard of huge days, but nothing like that! UNREAL!!!!! Give me a hint of this lake. County? Anything! I am all CPR! I had a 6 fish day on 05. Cold front in August. 2 burning tails and 4 on top raiders, windy, raining. my partner didnt boat a fish while i caught 6, even gave him my top raider that was getting crushed when i used it, still couldnt get one!

timmy

I choose not to divulge too many details. I am pretty sure all the planets must have been alligned, or something, because it was mind boggling.

Over the years, I have had 4 seperate 5 fish days, quite a few 3-fish days, and it seems like more 2-fish days than 1 fish. It has always seemed like if I caught a fish – I would always get another. Days with only 1-fish seem like the exception. Either it is the big skunk, or multiple bites. Or……I am a crummy enough fisherman that I only catch them when they are really biting well?

Tim

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.