CPR

• MN Musky
    Ham Lake/Mille Lacs, Mn

Being this is a great forum and site to get fisherman excited about pursuing Muskies/ Pike, does anyone have a link or article about proper handling and release techniques? I know of a few but they are on other fishing sites and I was not wanting to link or endorse another site. For a seasoned musky angler these fish can be hard to handle, let alone a rookie. I think it be a good topic to be permanently locked at the top of the forum.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Great idea! I see A TON of eye’s floating belly up on the pond in mid summer due to the warm water ! Anything that can help releasing these slot fish can only help ! RR

MN Musky
    Ham Lake/Mille Lacs, Mn

RR_

I agree, as I hate having rake up all those stinky bloated 5-7 lb walleyes off my cabin beach on the North End. The only thing worse is a bloated stinky 30 lb muskie that takes two rakes and a shovel. CPR for tulibee can also be discussed in the tulibee forum.

muskyman
    Arkansaw, Wisconsin

http://www.ontarioanglerawards.com/PrintPage.cfm?P=1&Page=Musk

Here is what I found on the web. It is a very good guideline to use. Also take note on where it says move the fish SLOWLY back and fourth. I have read articles that state if done too quickly water will come backwards into the gillplate too fast damaging the gills. And I never let a musky go until it forces itself from my grip. Just a precautionary measure I take to make sure I have given the fish the best chance to be caught again by someone else.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.