Pike on Mille Lac?

• sharptailer
    IGH, MN

Sorta new to Mille Lac. Whats working for northerns now? Trolling Smithwicks, Rapalas, casting shorelines with spinnerbaits, corking? I’m on the SE end ,out of Father Henn.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I caught 2 of them yesterday on accident. 1 casting for smallmouth in a Scatter Rap crank, demon pattern and 2nd was trolling lead core also with a Scatter Rap but this time in a Shad style bait in Helsinki color. both fish were low 30″ fish. Very fun battle.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Quote:

I caught 2 of them yesterday on accident. 1 casting for smallmouth in a Scatter Rap crank, demon pattern and 2nd was trolling lead core also with a Scatter Rap but this time in a Shad style bait in Helsinki color. both fish were low 30″ fish. Very fun battle.

Calvin,,, I don’t know why you fish those colors… you know they don’t work at all for you !!!

muskychaser
    Prescott, Wi

Throw spinner baits in Wankon, Isle Cove Bay its a no-brainer.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Lots of quality Pike in Mille Lacs. You can cast or troll, whichever you prefer. If you troll don’t be afraid to step the speed up to 3.5 to 4.5 mph and speed troll over the tops of the weeds.

Do not use light tackle or equipment. You are as apt to tie into a Muskie as a Pike.

Vineland Bay is always a good choice if you have the means to get there. There are also some rock reefs right outside of Father Hennepin that produce in the fall.

Have fun.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.