pike at Spring LakePark

• sharptailer
    IGH, MN

Has anybody ice fished for northerns in Spring Lake this year or recently? I live close by but have never tried.

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

Which Spring lake? The Mississippi backwater by PDC?

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Nice job Ryan. You scared him away.

dd

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

hi Sharptailer,
    Welcome to IDO.
    Where abouts are you, and /or which Spring Park are you asking about.
    and someone will hopefully provide some good info for you.
    Again,
    Welcome to the Best fishing site out there.
    Jack

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

If you are talking spring lake park on Minnetonka – I’ve done real well in the summer on large Pike – My guess is that they are still there ice season – Lots of deep weedlines and weed flats – my guess is that they all hold nice Pike.

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

if he is talking actaul spring lake in spring lake park there is 1 hole in that lake that a portable sits over for about 2 to 3 weeks then nothing. so not sure.

d-train

Welcome to IDO. I live a stone’s throw from this lake and fished it once in the summer from a kayak. It’s mostly a rather abundant population of stunted bluegills. The few pike that are there must have a feast. Like Broncosguy says every once in awhile I see it hit hard for a week or two. I figured that a good year class of gills comes out of there every few years and then they get fished out, but that’s just a guess. Sorry but you probably won’t find much here because for anyone in the know, it’s too small a lake to advertise success on the internet.

DrewH
    s/w WI.

Welcome aboard. Pull your computer and make yourself at home.

kidfish

I live right down the road too. We used to fish it and get a few crappies and bluegills, but that was ten years ago. According to the boys at Vados, the portables you see out there a few times each winter catch mostly small ones, but once or twice a winter, they’ll get a keeper.
    There used to be an aerator on the southeast side, but I don’t think it is functioning anymore, so it may be succept to winterkill now.
    Let us know if you try it!

sharptailer
    IGH, MN

sorry. The Spring Lake/ backwater by Grey Cloud Island is the body of water I am thinking about.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.