Eskimo Sierra Thermal

• UPOW

Decided to downsize to a smaller house this year. Curious what people think of this shelter.

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

Planning to check it out (again) at the St. Paul Ice Show. Size and weight look good. Quality looked good. But when I saw it at Joe’s Sporting goods a few weeks back I wasn’t really impressed with the tub. Seemed rather thin and more important to me…shallow. But the bar for me on sleds/tubs is the Otter Pro so maybe my expectations are too high for a “light” 2 man flip over.

Definitely looked solid on all other fronts though.

Bass_attack

Purchased one a few weeks back for $319 on sale at joes. Very inexpensive price for a 2 man insulated flip over. Only things I dislike so far is the seats are not as sturdy as I would like(move side to side about an inch) and the tub is thinner than other flip overs I have seen. Need some ice for the real test.

UPOW

The tub definitely could be better. Adding the runners will help. I personally like the seats. The square tubing and release system look solid. The price is pretty nice also. Your right Bass_attack bring on the ice!

Mitch Bradshaw
    Hugo, MN

I purchased one of these for this season and sold off my Frabill Trekker II. I got it out on the ice the first day I put it together and so far I like it! I bought the thermal which is a nice upgrade from the cheap fabric I had on my previous one. Seats are comfortable. The windows are a lot “softer” of a material than my previous Frabill ones which I hope means they will not be so prone to cracking. I put the runners on the sled. The pull rope needs to be upgraded immediately!

Attachments:
    1. 25445959_1775498635796350_2368117697490169298_n.jpg

dexknows
    Blackduck, MN / Minneapolis, MN

I brought my new Sierra Thermal out for the first time this weekend as well. So far, I can say that I love the square tubing, the setup is a breeze, and it has a really good amount of space for a two man. The tub is definitely a bit shallow and light, but I plan on either hauling mine by hand or with a smitty sled to save on wear and tear. The test will be how well it holds up over time but initially I love the design. At 86 pounds, still light enough to lift into the back of my SUV alone. SO far, very happy with it!

Mitch Bradshaw
    Hugo, MN

The tub is definitely a bit shallow and light, but I plan on either hauling mine by hand or with a smitty sled to save on wear and tear. The test will be how well it holds up over time but initially I love the design. At 86 pounds, still light enough to lift into the back of my SUV alone. SO far, very happy with it!

That is the same for me, I pull by hand 80% of the time unless I’m at my cabin, wife’s family cabin or my buddy has his ATV. I have a niche that most ice houses on the market today do not seem to fill and that is a light 2 man with a few amenities. Most of the shacks on the market are way too heavy to pull by hand once you load them up with some gear.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.