Eskimo propane auger

• jon

Ive always have really good luck with eskimo equipment. So I’m thinking about selling my gas powered augers down to 1 propane auger. Has anyone ever dealt with a eskimo propane auger, and if so how has it held up over the years?

McCord Stowater

I got one last year for my wheel-house and absolutely love it! Quiet and definitely enough torque for a 10″ hole. Compared to my z71 eskimo it is much slower but 40cc vs 71cc isn’t really a fair fight. Very little exhaust fumes and they smell way better than any 2 stroke. I’ve only had mine one season now but I’ve never had to pull more than 2 times to get it started. I turn the motor off after drilling each hole in my wheel-house and once the motor is warm it literally only takes a flick of the wrist on the cord to start it back up.

AaronMoore

A friend of mine has one, he loves it. Easy start and cut great too

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

No matter how good the propane fumes smell, they are no better than gas, just remember to ventilate.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

I picked one up last year mid-season and love it. I think they work better than the Jiffy. I have nothing bad I can say about it.

McCord Stowater

No matter how good the propane fumes smell, they are no better than gas, just remember to ventilate.

Agreed, but after just 2 holes with my z71 both my eyes and throat will start to burn. It’s hard to get 6 holes even in a very ventilated shack with my z71 before I start to feel really light headed and my throat starts feeling like I just swallowed gasoline. With the propane auger I can drill all 8 holes without any burning or light headedness if I leave the door open. Any fumes aren’t healthy but 2 stroke vs propane fumes are like Everclear vs Top-shelf liquor.

muskychaser
    Prescott, Wi

Bought one last year. I love it,easy start great power that doesn’t bog down. I haved owned about every brand out there, and I finally found a keeper!

Whateverbites

this year will be my 3rd season, cannot say enough good things about it. reliable, no gas mixing or fumes, quiet, cuts easy, great auger.

if I am to give a tip, store it somewhere warm the night before you go, will make the first start of the day go better. but with that being said, I have left it out in -10F and had no issues starting it.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I bought mine last year. I haven’t use it enough to comment on how it held up. I really like it so far. My previous auger was also an Eskimo from about 1985. It still works fine but weighs about 10 times more than the propane one. One of the biggest benefits to propane is never having to worry about leaky gas caps or having the gas can tip over in my truck or wifes SUV. Was told to try and keep the propane tank warm. Or have an extra tank you keep warm.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.