Erie

• sinister-fishing
    Omaha, Ne for now

Got to Port Clinton Sunday afternoon with warm sunny weather and went out by ballest reef and got on a jig bite like crazy! We landed ten fish over 28 inchs with 20 being caught in 2 hours of fishing. Monday was a way different story. (Weather wise) We had 4-6 foot waves and headed up to the Detroit river. We switched to trolling cranks and again landed 10+ fish over 28 inchs. We decided to go back up by the Detroit river this morning. We had 6-8 footers this morning and we were the only boat out. Seemed like we had the whole lake to ourselves and Erie didn’t disappoint. Today was our best day. We landed our limit in 45 minutes and got out of dodge with the 30+ mile run back to port. Video to come when I get home

huskerdu

Wow! with whom did you go out with?

sinister-fishing
    Omaha, Ne for now

Myself and a friend took my yellowfin on her maiden voyage

Zach H

Quote:

Myself and a friend took my yellowfin on her maiden voyage

Excited to see the video. How did the boat run? I remember the pic you posted, and it was probably a good thing you had the big boat in those conditions!

sinister-fishing
    Omaha, Ne for now

She handled like a dream! Trolls down to 1.4 on one engine and tracks as straight as a arrow. The conditions were not even a issue, she cut through 7 footers like they were nothing. Ill post video of us running 45mph running smooth as butter. When I get home i need to edit video then ill post

mike-west
    Amery, WI

I will be leaving for Port Clinton/Wild Wings Friday right after work. Staying until following Saturday.
    Sounds like Jig bite is really going. Tipped, not tipped, variety of colors. If you can get out there, you can can catchy em
    If you have any other info you can share, please do.
    Sure hoping we don’t have to drive all the way up to the Detriot.
    If so, where did you launch from.
    Been a long time since I’ve been up that way.
    How was drive over? Sorry, alot of questions but it’s one anxious person on this end typing

Thanks,

bowtecmike
    Zimmerman mn

Hows the video coming along I’m interested to see how the boat handled and some of the pigs you pulled in. Makes me wanna hook on the skeeter and make a trip out there.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.