Aqua- Vu Camera Repair?

• 192-fazer
    Cedar Falls Ia.

I’ve got an Aqua-Vu smart-vu camera with multi-colored lights, 60 ft. cable, temperature, and direction. The picture fails as you move the cable where it enters the camera. Does anybody work on these? I contacted Aqua-Vu and they say I have to buy another camera/cable for about $250.00 – 275.00. I would be glad to here from anyone who knows of anyone who repairs these.

Thanks

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

I had the same thing with mine. I dont know of any place that repairs them BUT I do know that finding a used one or even a new one is much better that buying the parts for it. I learned that the hard way

The actual camera case is glued and such so you cant get in there without breaking it so not sure how you could just repair the wires. Also learned that the hard way

luv2rapala

there is a guy on craigslist (minneapolis) that advertises Aqua vu and vexilar repair- in Anoka I think. I got a bad cable as well but just bought somebody elses broken unit and pieced together 1 good one for $15.
    luv2rapala

greatwhitenorth

The chintzy plastic fitting on the aquaviews is a joke. In the instructions they state that the cable must be unhooked when not in use…they know it’s going to break. I repaired mine myself with a microphone connector from radio shack and have had no more problems. It was even the perfect size to mount in the existing hole on the unit.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.