SUPER Deal on a Super REEL

• igotone

Next two days

Scheels is selling this reel for FIFTY Bucks!!!

That’s 50% OFF

Pflueger Supreme Spinning Reel

Showing up online now for the same savings

Plus Free Shipping I do believe

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

That is a STEAL of a deal !!

That would be a great excuse for me to build 2 more LEX rods

I can 2 coming my way as we speek

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

Yep $53 and change including tax with free shipping. Just ordered one up. Thanks for sharing! What a great deal on an awesome reel.

honda72

Do you guys think this reel would be big enough for trolling fireline with raps? I would put it on a 6:6 or 7ft rod. Thanks.

Sorry guys meant to say fireline.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I have used a Supreme XT 25 series for 2 years now w/o a hitch…
    These are being “blown out” in a lot of places right now… thats the cheapest price I’ve seen yet… I am wondering why? Either they are being discontinued or revamped I would guess…

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Quote:

These are being “blown out” in a lot of places right now… thats the cheapest price I’ve seen yet… I am wondering why? Either they are being discontinued or revamped I would guess…

Agreed Tom, I wonder why too. It did not stop me from placing an order though for a great reel. To me is is sort of like TVs and computers…I do not buy on the cutting edge of the latest and greatest because of price points on the items. The difference in it’s follow on would be undetectable to me and I get a great product to use for many years.

BTW…I am in Mn and the order confirmation came from Fargo, ND. I was charged sales tax. I contacted Scheels and they are crediting the sales tax to my card (I know a couple bucks…but enough for another pack of gill pills )

mojogunter

I have never heard of anyone running Leadcore on a spinning reel before.

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

Quote:

Ditto it definitely wouldn’t be the right tool for the job.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

was in JOES in Maplewood yesterday… Joe said they are changing the Pfluegers for 2011 so the current Supreme/Supreme XTs are being liquidated… the Asaro and Medalist spin reels are being discontinued…

The XTs ($129.95) were sale priced at $69…

BTW…they do have Moxies in stock…I grabbed some Oystershell and ProBlues… No Sufix 832 though (Deans got that in stock)

Dave G
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

I have run all my lead core rods with larger spinning reels for 20 years. Put on 2 or 3 colors of 18 lb lead core, some backing, a leader, and you are set to go. Let out line until the plug starts hitting bottom and reel up a couple turns. Absolutely no birds nests or backlashes and oh so nice to fish with. I replace the lead line about every other year. If you get some weeds on the plug the speed which you can reel in is so much faster than a level wind reel. The only disadvantage I have experienced is that spinning reels do not come with loud clickers so you have the watch the rods a bit more.

mojogunter

You are the first I have heard of doing that. I guess if you aren’t fishing in deep water why not. It just seems like it wouldn’t work very well with line twist, and letting out line, but I wouldn’t know first hand.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.