IN DEPTH ANGLING HATS

• bt-eye
    Apple Valley, Mn (Pool 2)

HEY MIKE ARE THERE GOING TO BE ANY IN-DEPTH ANGLING HATS

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

My understanding is that they are getting close to getting the logo picked. Trouble deciding between a couple great looking logos too. Then hopefully things can move in that direction. Hopefully James and Mike will have more to say on that soon.
    Thanks, Bill

bt-eye

just a simple IDA would be just fine with me or why don’t they do a poll on the logo? maybe that would help

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Brad, Like Bill said, it’s in the works. The guys are putting a lot of time in on the development of the logo. It’s being taken very seriously. Your patience will be rewarded but you’ll have to hold tight for a bit. Thanks for supporting In-DepthAngling.com!

bt-eye

WADE I WASN’T TRYING TO PUSH ANYBODY JUST WONDERING IF A POLL ON LOGO’S MIGHT HELP THEM OUT!BECAUSE IF THE MAJORITY LIKES IT THEY WILL ALSO BUY and I WAS HOPING FOR A RESPONSE FROM MIKE OR JAMES BUT THANKS FOR BEING THERE SPOKESPERSON

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Actually Brad, I’ve seen instances where that doesn’t work well. If you’ve got a “great”…………….thing………. against a bunch of not-so-greats……… it’s a pretty cut and dry deal. But if you’ve got a few “great”…………. things, popular opinion can be so divided that it disappoints those who “lose” on the vote and often, don’t support the chosen……….”thing”.

In a commerce situation, it’s really best to take a chance on what you feel represents your entity the best. If it’s a “great” choice, it’ll get better support if other selections are unknown. I really think that is all Wade was trying to say, without getting into too much detail.

bt-eye

Then why do designers have shows along with artist and fast food chains because it helps. We will just have to wait and see what James and Mike come up with if you don’t like it you won’t buy it

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

The reality of the sitsuation is nobody is trying to sell a logo. James owns the site, has made In-Depthangling.com the last name the site is going to go by so he wants to get the logo exactly the way he wants it as whatever he decides to go with he will be stuck with in his mind. I am the one who pushes the hardest on getting something going along with other things too. Luckily for me he hasn’t told me where to go at times as I keep him on his toes by nagging him you could say. I am probably a pain in the butt at times as I try hard to keep things moving forward no matter what it is concerning In-Depth. Even though my motives are good, and James knows that, I still am a pain in the butt. lol. I take my work here with In-Depth serious and I want the site and the viewers to have the best possible. If I was thirty years younger James would have to tie me to a chair and gag me to slow me down and shut me up. Trust me, there is alot of behind the scenes work going on to get things just where James wants them. This time of year he puts in over 80 hours per week into the site alone. It takes 40 hours per week just to do the regular maintence to a site this big and thank God Dave Koonces is able to be able to help him there. Winter time is site update time and planning for the future time for him so hes swamped and then some and then swamped some more. I think his guiding season is what keeps him sane as it means getting away from all the computer stuff some. He use to have a partner years ago who was the computer geru and James was the guide. James has had to learn all this computer stuff as he didn’t know much about them back then. Its two full time jobs for him plus any guiding he does. He has a regular website for his guiding business, this is additional to that and a very very huge addition it is. This site has grown mega times and it keeps growing with no slow down in site. I know, its like praying for patince and wanting it ”right now.” Everything takes time and he is only one person and most of us who try to help him are not computer smart so we aren’t much help there in that area. Some of us are really good fisherman who can add alot to the site in that area and then there is me who is the pain in the butt guy and doesn’t know much about computers. All in all, it is moving forward and the logo should be decided on soon. We just need to have patience and have patience now.
    Thanks, Bill

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Gee whiz Bill! Need to vent a bit back there? Nice lecture ………………but who are you talkin’ to???

Feeling comical ……………but I’m probably rubbin’ the fur backward …………..I’ll just get back to work before I get any demerits.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Quote:

Then why do designers have shows along with artist and fast food chains because it helps. We will just have to wait and see what James and Mike come up with if you don’t like it you won’t buy it

Are you refering to those surveys or tests where they look at public response? You know, like the time 2nd graders wanted the french fries to be blue and sales went up in test markets 41%………..or something like that? I mean, in that test, you’d think french fries would still be blue………but they (McDonalds) didn’t go with it. It’s beyond popular opinion in that case, and the basis of what I was trying to share. Retailers may do trade shows but the attendees are such a small percentage that in the overall gist of marketing, the vast majority are forced to accept any design chosen by the very few. Sidenote……..even the trade show selections are chosen/approved by the business entity.

This whole reply is just conversation and is not intended to place any argument for or against what is being done here at IDA. Brad has an opinion, a helpful heart, and I just want to share experiences with him that I thought might be relative to the topic here, as well as hear of his insights.

Everytime I think I know it all, somebody done goes and teaches me something new!

bt-eye

i never intended to start an arguement just state my opinion and try to help Besides my fanny is sore from BILL KICKING IT end of subjectand post

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

HEY, WHAT’S TAKING SO DARN LONG TO GET A LOGO AND SOME IN-DEPTHANGLING.COM HATS??????

Sorry guys, I just couldn’t resist. LOL

Gator Hunter

bt-eye

ahhh a little more salt to the wound

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

you guys are funny !!

Jira

What do ya mean, funny? Let me understand this cause, I don’t know maybe it’s me, I’m a little messed up maybe, but I’m funny how? I mean, funny like I’m a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh… I’m here to friggen amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

(C) Joe Pesci

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

That is an awesome movie. I like all the gangster flicks.

Gator Hunter

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

BT-EYE, I owe you an apologize as my post was never meant to be hard on anyone nor kick you in the butt. I was just trying to explain somethings as to why sometimes things take awhile to get done. There is alot going on behind the scenes that James has to do and most aren’t aware of that. I’m sorry I offended you, that was never my intentions. Sometimes I get to talkin and just keep going on I guess. I’ll try to watch what I say or how I say it too in the future. Sorry for causing you to feel that way.
    Thanks, Bill

bt-eye

NO PROBLEM BILL I JUST WISH I NEVER ASKED ABOUT THE HATS

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

BT-EYE, I owe you an apologize as my post was never meant to be hard on anyone nor kick you in the butt. I was just trying to explain somethings as to why sometimes things take awhile to get done. There is alot going on behind the scenes that James has to do and most aren’t aware of that. I’m sorry I offended you, that was never my intentions. Sometimes I get to talkin and just keep going on I guess. I’ll try to watch what I say or how I say it too in the future. Sorry for causing you to feel that way.
    Thanks, Bill

Quit being such a bully Bill. LOL

Gator Hunter

bt-eye

Why did I have this strange feeling that Gator would get the last word in on this post!!!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

I’m a big guy Gator, aren’t big guys bullys? I’m glad you did ask about the hats. It saves me from being a pain in the butt again and having to ask about them? Needing patience and needing it now refers to me for a reason ya know. Talk and ask all you want BT-EYE and just ignore me half of the time and things will be fine. Ok Bud? Thanks, Bill

bt-eye

OK BILL NO HARD FEELINGS NOW LET’S GET BACK TO THE IMPORTANT THINGS IN LIFE LIKE FISHING

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Sounds good to me. Have you been out fishing or are you just dreaming of fishing like me?!? One of these days. This warmer weather and snow melting sure makes a guy want to go. Anybody heard if the run off is making the river alittle less clear and maybe alittle current yet?
    Thanks, Bill

bt-eye

bill…. i haven’t been out yet i’m going to try to get out today on pool 2 wingies. the sun is shining and it warming up a bit. believe me i’m ready since i missed all last year because of the stroke i had.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.