Rod and reel suggestions?

• TType86

I am looking to buy a good bluegill rod for throwing rappie tubes. I fish a few ponds that the gills tear up the little crappie tubes. I was thinkin a 6 ft ultralight with a fast action. I need it to be a 2 piece. I may step up to a light because i would like the option of doin some bass fishin too possibly. I am considerin a st croix avid 6 ft light and a shimano stradic ci4 1000 if i go to a light. Do u guys think thats too much rod and reel for

the bluegill fishin. Sounds like a dumb question, but i havnt held that reel

is the thing and not sure if thats too big of a reel. I like how light it is (6.2oz). I want to keep the weight extremely light. Any suggestions on a

good setup for bluegill and occasional bass fishing. I would be solely

using a texas rig setup for the occasional bass fishin. (small plastics etc.)

p.s. Ive held the avids and like em alot. Feels good in the palm with a small spinning reel.

thebigd25
    st. paul

I use a 6’6″ light shimano compre rod for pannies and anytime Im using light jigs. I could never cast very far with my ultra light, too whippy or something. I use a 1000 size sahara and its a good fit for the above rod.

igotone

R u a cabela’s card member?

they have an great deal in this months statement on a combo

It is $90 for a plueger supreme and a rod

reel models are the 8030MG and the 8035MG
    rods are all 2 piece and are 6′, 6’6″, 7′

stevenoak

I’ve got my new stradic 1000mgfb out a few times this year and is by far my favorite spinning reel.Paired with a 7′ Crucial it’s the sweetest rod in the box The 1000 is spooled for 2-6# mono,but will easily handle 10# braid.Thats all I ask of a spinning reel.Also have some 500’s,great for two or four# line but would only hold 60 yards of 6#.Heard it brought up more than once the Stradic “looks bigger” I have the new model sitting here by an early model.The spool face is larger but the way it spools off line is far better than old version.With a 6 to 7″ rod,I think you would like the balance.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.