tilt/trim question

• Derrick Cox
    MN, Eagan

well with the new hard water toy i started thinking about open water fishing and my 72 60 hp johnson outboard doesnt have tilt/trim so i have decided that, thats what i am going to get on the boat before season but i cant find a unit that would work for it? Also it has a transmission problem with neutral and reverse and was curious if anyone has any info of what they run. Any info would be appriecated

Derrick

mojogunter

It sounds like if the motor already has issues, and you want to add power tilt and trim. You would be better off buying a used motor that has everything on it, and is in good working order. My guess is that would not only be the better route to take, but also the cheaper route as well. If you want to keep going with what you have. You could install a panther power tilt to it, but I am thinking that is worth more money than the motor is. Did any outboards have power trim in 1972, or just power tilt?

hairjig
    Cudahy, Wis.

Here’s a novel idea, get rid of that relic and UPGRADE… to a newer motor. You’ll be glad you did.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Ok, its been 4 hrs and few responces. Derrick this is not typical for noone to respond. I have and we DO share good info. I feel that the reason noone has responded is because it would not be very economical to add tilt to such an old motor and also one that is having gear issues. Before I sunk too much into it I would seriousley consider a newer motor. Not trying to dissapoint but that is my thought. -Mark

dea
    Hixton, WI

I would not add T&T to that old of an engine, especially one with possible lower unit problems. It would cost more than the motor is worth.
    I would start looking for another engine to replace it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.