Rodbuilding course offered near Cedar Rapids, IA

• chuckles
    Manchester, Iowa

Fishing Rod Building Class
    Build a fishing rod to your specifications! A fishing
    rod building class will be held on February 16, 23, and
    March 2 from 6:30-9:30 p.m. at Wickiup Hill Outdoor
    Learning Center. Custom rod builder Chuck Ungs,
    will lead participants through the process of building a St. Croix or other brand of spinning rod. When finished
    with this series of classes, you will have the knowledge
    to move on to other rod-building projects. You
    also get to keep the rod you build. For additional
    information or to register, please call Chuck at (319)
    892-6485. Registration by February 2 is required. Class
    size is limited. Class cost depends on the model of
    fishing rod blank and options selected.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I took a class over 40 years ago in Chicago, Ill and it was a great idea. I built many rods over the next 20 years. Then started getting some tournament sponsors and quit building for almost 20 years. I am starting up again for a winter hobby
    Don’t think about saving money because you won’t when you figure in time/effort/ and parts cost… But you can build it the way you want it, put some custom touches, and really feel good about fishing that rod.
    I highly recommend it!

chuckles
    Manchester, Iowa

Thanks for the endorsement Tom! It is a fun winter pastime and there really is a unique joy in catching a fish on something you made – be it a jig you tied/poured/painted or a fishing rod you built. Learning the skills involved presents a person with the chance to create something new that you have as a concept or allows one to specialize a fishing rod to improve it’s performance for an application or just to have it mean something more than just one off the shelf. I enjoy it greatly! And performance can be improved with a little thought and the right mix of materials.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.