Minnkota Trolling Motor Issue

• poundingeyes
    Chetek, WI

Need some insite. I was fishing a tourney last weekend and my powerdrive unit suddenly would not allow me to control direction side to side. I had all the control I normally have over thrust but could not control the direction. It simply would not respond when I pressed the directional pad to one side or the other. I run the copilot on my unit with a key fab and thought it might be that but it does the same when I run it from the foot pedals. If I unplug the power for a few seconds and plug it back in it will work again for a while but before long begins to act up. I should probably just take it in to the dealership for service but thought I would check to see if any of you have had similar issues that you were able to address on your own. Please chime in!

jhalfen

My first inclination was bad pedal but since it’s the same with the co-pilot is must be a problem with the main board. Take it to your nearest Minn Kota service center and they’ll get you squared away.

Hayward Power Sports and Scheels All Sports are choices that aren’t terribly far from Chetek.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

My first inclination was bad pedal but since it’s the same with the co-pilot is must be a problem with the main board. Take it to your nearest Minn Kota service center and they’ll get you squared away.

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

Had the same thing happen to me last summer. Had to get a new pedal at Fleet Farm. It fixed the problem and didn’t cost much.

johnie1610
    Eau Claire, WI

Scheels in Eau claire have new pedals in stock for like $70. Minn kotas power drives are notorious for the pedal going out if you have receipt and less than 2 years old it is warranteed maybe you will get it for free good luck!

jhalfen

Guys, I think you missed this statement:

Quote:

I run the copilot on my unit with a key fab and thought it might be that but it does the same when I run it from the foot pedals.

It behaves the same with, or without, the pedal. That means the problem is not the pedal.

poundingeyes
    Chetek, WI

Thanks for the affirmation. I’ve got it in and am having it checked.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.