Ram flush mount rod holders

• walleye33
    Farmington,mn

I want to install a flush mount on both sides of my Lund Fisherman and wonder where the best place to install them, any suggestions would be helpful.

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

I have an 1800 Fisherman and have two flush mounts on each gunnel on each side of the boat. One by each of the front seats and one on each side towards the back of the gunnels. I also have one mounted on each of the rail at the front of the boat. I use the ones on the gunnels the most and like the locations. Hope this helps.

walleye33
    Farmington,mn

TG002 thanks for the answer but if you were to have to pick the back mount or by the front seat which would you pick? Normally it is just two in the boat when we are trolling and I have the 1700.

18fisher
    Hastings,MN

I have the 1800 as well and bought the 4-pack from cabelas. I believe scotty makes the. But I prefer the rear holders when sitting on anchor. When trolling its nice to have the one by the consoles so you can still drive and see where you’re going and also watch your rods.

Good luck

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

I have a 1700 Fisherman too. From the sounds of things, you plan on using them mostly for trolling. If so, while trolling do you control the boat from the console or from the back with a tiller kicker. I mostly run things from the kicker so I have them behind the front seats and on rails at the bow. This way when trolling I can watch all of the rods from back.

FDR

walleye33
    Farmington,mn

From the console. I also do lighted bobber fishing on Mille Lacs alot, so I think I’m going to put it even with the back seat. Thanks everyone for the help.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Be carefull where you mount them. Most of my trolling rods have the longer handles and if mounted to close to the seats they either hit the seats when the seat turns or not enough room to sit in the seat.

Edited to add.. The cheapest place I have found for a four pack of Rams is Walleyeinc.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

Be carefull where you mount them. Most of my trolling rods have the longer handles and if mounted to close to the seats they either hit the seats when the seat turns or not enough room to sit in the seat.

Edited to add.. The cheapest place I have found for a four pack of Rams is Walleyeinc.

I’ve got some Rams I’ll sell….I changed mine out to Folbes. Anyone interested in them let me know.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.