What map chip to buy?

• wisbass
    Eau Claire, Wi

I just purchased my first lowrance unit with gps and would like input on which map chip to buy? I fish mostly in Wi. and the Missippi River. Any info would help.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Which pool of the ‘sippi?

That’s a hard question because each chip excels in certain areas. Basicly, you’ll have to look at each maker, see what manufacturer has 1 foot contours for the lakes you fish.

I run the LakeMaster 08 Lake of the Woods and MN chips. They cover these lakes and rivers the best for me.

I know on Mille Lacs most guys have two chips, because on brand overs several areas of the lake better and the other covers other areas of the lake better.

That didn’t help much did it.

jhalfen

Quote:

I just purchased my first lowrance unit with gps and would like input on which map chip to buy? I fish mostly in Wi. and the Missippi River. Any info would help.

If you’re fishing locally, then I’d recommend the Navionics Hotmaps Premium 09 chip.

Navionics has data for Dells Pond, Altoona, Eau Claire, and Wissota (including up the Chip, the Yellow, the little lake, and the flowage between the dams).

Lakemaster WI has Wissota (only the main lake) and Altoona.

Both chips have an assortment of “up north” lakes and have Pool 4.

Check out both company’s websites and see which chip suits your needs the best.

smithkeith
    Waterloo, Iowa

Between the 2…..which one is best for Pool 4 or are they the same?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.