strike master

• Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

I got a new strikemaster mag2000 10″ auger for xmas from santa and after getting it and putting it together, I noticed that the handle was broke and also the choke lever. I contacted strikemaster through email and they are going to fix everything for me for free. all I have to do is just go down and drop it off and they will take care of it. I can’t say anything but awsome!!

shane

mrcrappie
    mn Dodge co.

That’s awsome. Great company, good service, That’s why i run Strike Master!

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Shane you have to drive “UP” there. I’ll be paying them a visit tomorrow if you can get the auger to Elk River tonight. I’m going to get some new blades and a little tune up. Great service and close to home.

uffdapete
    Rainy Lake, MN

I stopped in a week ago with a used and abused Laser Mag that didn’t cut well. They put new blades and redid the pitch and wanted to test it to make sure the pitch was correct but I didn’t have room to bring the powerhead with 4 people, luggage and Christmas aftermath in a Camry. They certainly got the pitch right and it cuts so well the engine needed a tuneup to turn it!

They were busy but wait time was still only around 30 minutes. That was time well spent getting a crash course in small engine, auger and blade problems by listening to them explain to 7 or 8 people why their augers didn’t run or cut properly.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Cy, their cheif repair-guy there, is top-notch! Last time I ran into him, he said that his goal was to make sure that everybody left happy, which sounds like no small feat if your auger’s been acting up. I think that philosophy speaks volumes in that Strikemaster isn’t concerned with just the initial sale, they want to make sure you’re a continued and satisfied user of their products for years to come.

Last time I was at their Big Lake facility, I had a run-in with the Griz, so it can be a fun place to hang out as well!

Joel

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

I am taking it to the thier new brighton location. they are going to fix it down there. as I was talking to someone at thier store and I told them that I didn’t expect this kind of costomer service, some one else that I talked to told me that he had to buy a new handle when his broke. so I was figureing that I was going to have to go and buy a handle and a new choke lever.

thanks for the offer for bringing it in and dropping it off, I want to see this through and I will report back with what else happens.

thanks

shane

fearnofish82
    Warroad/LOTW

Quote:

I got a new strikemaster mag2000 10″ auger for xmas from santa and after getting it and putting it together, I noticed that the handle was broke and also the choke lever. I contacted strikemaster through email and they are going to fix everything for me for free. all I have to do is just go down and drop it off and they will take care of it. I can’t say anything but awsome!!

You know what would be even better? if they made augers with handles that didn’t break so easy

timmy

With the countless reports of handles breaking and the extraordinary customer service costs they eat in order to repair them…….I am somewhat surprised that they have not reverted to a Steel handle option. I have 2 old SM’s with TONS of miles on them…..never broke a handle on either and that includes literally a FEW THOUSAND miles of travel in an otter sled behind the snowmobile while trout fishing in Ontario. I have never heard of anyone else breaking a steel handle either…….

When mine finally give up, I will do whatever it takes to re-build the moters to keep them running, as I would not trust those composite handles on a tough trip……

Tim

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Timmy:

I’ve heard the same reports you have, and this case seems to be different (broken out of the box), but I wonder if some of this isn’t fishy? I’ve owned a Lazer Mag with the composite handles since they first came out, and have never once had issues. I run my stuff pretty hard as well, and have even dropped it off of the edge of the ATV it was leaning against. No breakage.

Are these guys driving over them or what?

I think there’s the temptation at times to blame a manufacturer for our outright overuse and abuse of a product. We’ve been mislead by some, to think that good customer service includes replacement when we’re completely at fault. Try taking your scratched big screen back to Walmart because it was a nice flat surface to play poker on.

Joel

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

auger is done and ready to be picked up. that was pretty quick. I took it to D-rock, nice turn around, was told about 3 days out, got it done faster than expected. Awsome!!!

shane

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Shane,

Glad to hear you got your auger issue resolved…

I think we hear more about the problem issues today than we hear about the good ones…I have owned a 6″ Lazer Mag for the past 5 years…I bought it at Gander Mountain in Onalaska (thanks Tom Donaldson for the tip)I have had zero issues with this unit..It is my first power auger and I have no reason to switch..

I didn’t know they had a place up in the cites that sells and services them though…I would love to make a trip up and just have mine gone thru…

Ohhh,,, the info one gets from this site !!

herb
    6ft under

Dave, could that small engine doctor there in PDC do the same thing for your auger?

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Quote:

Dave, could that small engine doctor there in PDC do the same thing for your auger?

Two things on this Herb,,
    1, this guy is WAY busy this time of year, I’m not sure of the turn around he would have for me(and it is running real good)
    2, I don’t think his speciality would be Power Augers.. Sounds like the Strikemaster Place up north would not only look at the motor but the auger/blades to boot…
    3, I Love Road Trips !!!

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Use it all winter, then bring it with for our smallie trip that we have NOT planned yet and we could drop it off on the way up and pick it up on the way back

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.