Marcum Battery question????

• gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Does Marcum Lx-3 and or the 560 require any type of special battery/ Mainly does it need a Marcum battery or can any gel battery actually work for the units?
    If you know of where a guy can find these batteries at a decent price please let me know.. Thank you in advance..Glenn

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

I do know back when I owned my “black” unit I bought my jell battery at Batteries Plus just had it matched to my old one and my Marcum only has 8 hours of use on it so far, so no need for a new battery yet.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I don’t think it matter at all, I bought some different batteries and I’ve swapped them all around in my units, never had a problem, if it fits and it’s 12v I don’t see why it wouldn’t work. Normal everyday Price I’ve seen them $25-30, but if you watch you can sometimes get them on sale for less than $20. Fleetfarm, gander, cabela’s pretty much anywhere should carry them.

Castaway
    Otsego,MN

Doesnt matter 12v is 12v.You could use a car battery but it might be a little heavy to tote around FF had them for $20 the other day but sometimes you can find them on sale cheaper than that.

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Well thanks for the info somewhere I heard marcum had to have a marcum battery why I have no idea.. But thanks alot now I know I can have these ready by weekend..

birddog
    Mn.

12V is 12V…If your headed to the show this weekend you can get the reconditioned batteries for $10…at least that’s what they were last year. Actually, Reeds gave it to me free for spending a few dollars with them!!

No issues with the battery either…good as a new one.

BIRDDOG

bigpike

If you have a Scheel’s near you they are on sale for $14.99, now! 8amp

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

12v is 12v… that is for certain. The ONLY thing you should be concerned about is whether using another battery would void the warranty. I have not seen any clause in my purchases of MarCum flashers of that type. I purchase a new LX5 every year. I usually keep a spare charged battery with me (purchased from Fleet Farm) just in case I need one. Usually a pain in the rump to pull the digital power display off the existing battery, but once done, easy to connect to and get fishing!

Tyee
    Greater St Michael Area

Another thing to consider looking for a new battery is the amp hour rating. The higher the amp hours the longer they will last. Many of the cheaper batteries are 7 amp hours or less. Try to find a 9 amp hour.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

Another thing to consider looking for a new battery is the amp hour rating. The higher the amp hours the longer they will last. Many of the cheaper batteries are 7 amp hours or less. Try to find a 9 amp hour.

I will second that. You can go on a weekend trip with a 9amp battery and it will make the trip. Even with the LX-5.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.