Eagle Fishelite GPS unit?

• Wadsworth

I’m looking for a graph with a gps that I can use lake chips in, I was checking out the Eagle Fishelite 480, and the Eagle Seacharter 480DF, they are priced very well compared to some of the other units, but I don’t want to make a mistake and buy something cheaper that doesn’t cut it. I’m new to the GPS graph world, so any input you could give would be appreciated.

fishinfool
    mn

I have a 480 elite and the only thing I wish I would have gotten was color. much easier to read in color instead of black and white. I does a excellent job on the maps-both Lowrance Lake maps and Lakefinder maps. Great basic unit and easy to learn how to operate. Doesnt have a fish finder but the plus side is you can leave it portable and use it in the vehicle when on vacation. Highly reccomend it.

FISHINFOOL

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

I agree with Fishinfool on going color if you can. They make that same unit in a color model, the Fishelite 500C or 502C (internal antenna). For freshwater fishing, I suggest that you go with the Fishelite over the dual frequency Seacharter. The Seacharter only shoots a 12 degree beam at 200khz, while the Fishelite has a 20 degree beam at 200khz. Most freshwater anglers will be better off with the single frequency Fishelite.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.