lowrance ep-10 install help

• 2catch1

I just started my ep-10 install. I decided to mount under the hood of the engine so I wouldn’t have 3 filters on the motor and I wouldn’t knock it fishing. Its a 90 johnzuki and has 1 fuel and 1 fuel/h2o seperator. I was able to mount the sensor next to the original fuel filter but it is close to the head so are a lot of things plastic and rubber, its within 1″-1/2″. How durable is the sensor to heat????Nothing in manual???? I can wrap it in plastic conduit but is that enough??? Also it is on a 332c how to set-up with 332c….I got to work but can not set tank size, how???? Thanks Dave

nick
    Lakeville, MN

First off been awhile since I installed mine… Not sure how durable it is, mine is mounted under the back deck of my boat after my fuel/h20 sensor, so mine doesn’t get real hot at anything I would maybe look at covering it with some styro/foam, see if you can find a 3 inch by 3 inch by 3 inch cube, cut it out to fit around the sensor, between the hot motor and the sensor, I wouldn’t worry about insulating the side not facing the motor myself. I would be a little concerned about the plastic and fatigue if It does end up getting real hot.

Can’t remeber exactly how to set-up tank size.. I think it’s under fuel management or something, I’m actually at work right now, otherwise I’d go check it out on my boat for you, I know my tank size is set correctly on mine.

I was reading through the info that comes with the ep-10 and lowrance suggest you have a nipple on hand in case the ep-10 fails, I don’t have one, never really though about it, I’ll have to stop and pick one up.

If you haven’t got it by the time I get home, I’ll post some more info when I get home for you.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Actually I found some more info after looking around, I Downloaded the owners manual for a LCX 112c and there is more detailed info starting on page 188, I pretty sure now that’s what helped me set my tank size and fuel management.

****actually you can just donwload the manual for the 520 it’s a much smaller file and has the same info, if you need further help, let me know.

http://www.lowrance.com/Manuals/default.asp

2catch1

lowrance told me to wrap it with that heat reflective tape. I hope it works out cause I sure like it where it is. The cable routing is unnoticed.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Good to know, I’m sure you should insulate it somehow, did you get it setup? I do believe it has to be connected to the network before you can set it up.

2catch1

I set it up and then it loses it!!!! I called lowrance…a joke and waste of time. I have yet to run in the water, just idle with ear muffs on. Everything works, but after I turn 332 off I lose my saved nmea data such as fuel tank size. I also can not reset fuel used. There must be a way!!!! I see the instance is at 255….I tried 0,1,and 2. Wouldn’t hold unless at 255, this whole thing is kinda odd to set-up. Horrible instructions, nothing about set-up. Easy enough to hook up but the program/set-up makes NO SENSE!!!! Any advise???????

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Hmmm, I guess I’m no help in that issue, I set mine up and it keeps all the info no problem. Yeah until this year’s manual’s for the new units there was virtually nothing to read about on these.

I would couble check all you connections, not sure if you are running blue or red connectors, I have heard of people (actuallly lowrance themselves put the grease on the fitings) using some dielectric grease for connetions that are not working the best. Best guess a poor connection.

2catch1

I got mine all in and set it up and it cuts out all the time!!! I think the engine vibration may have something to due with it, at slower speeds it works then up high WOT it cuts out. I will be moving it and hopefully it helps.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.