Stratos Excursion (Deep V)

• ScottPugh
    Rogers / Grand Rapids

Does anyone have any comments on the Stratos Deep V (Excursion) line of boats? Seems like a great deal (especially since a local dealer sold them to another larger dealer when they went out of business).

Plus I can get the 18 1/2′ boat and it will still fit in my garage, unlike MOST other 18 1/2′ boat and trailers.

The wife likes the 385XF (I would want dual console) or the 386XF (walk through front). The only thing she requests is a bimini top.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Scott,

One of the guys in my office bought one last year and he loves it. They are a pretty nice layout for the money.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Scott,

I would really do some serious price reviews before laying any cash down. When another IDA member was pricing out the same boat along with the Skeeter 1880 & Ranger Reatta 1850, the Stratos ended up coming in higher due to all the upgrades required to be an apples to apples comparison.

birddog
    Mn.

I had a 386, nice boat for the money, not alot of fancy trim, bells and whistles, but it fished real well. Handled big water well, dry ride, etc. The price on recent models, 386/1880/1850 must have changed quite a bit if the price on 386’s is higher than the others. Now having a 1850, I can say it cost quite a bit more than my 386 at the time, equally equipped. But, by all means, run the numbers, it’s all possible with the new upgrades/trim/bells Stratos now puts on the 386, the price has jumped that much? Keep the wife happy, mine had a huge part in our decision, that stupid bimini has come in handy a couple 2-3 times a year. Gets little use but when needed it’s kept us on the water longer on those terribly hot sunny days.
    If you have any specific questions feel free to shoot me a PM.

Good luck.

BIRDDOG

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

BD, I was probably as surprised as anyone when Mike told me this. He ultimately bought the Skeeter in the end, best price and fit for his needs. He was shopping during the boat show in Feb/March timeframe, so this could have all changed since then. What is exciting this the market share these family fish/ski boats are taking.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

Scott,

I would really do some serious price reviews before laying any cash down. When another IDA member was pricing out the same boat along with the Skeeter 1880 & Ranger Reatta 1850, the Stratos ended up coming in higher due to all the upgrades required to be an apples to apples comparison.

I would also take a look at the Ranger 1860 Angler

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.