Lowrance Cable Covers

• robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Ok, for those of you that run units in multiple locations. Has anyone ever seen any rubber covers that you could put over your non used Connectors????? I will try to take a pic tonight to show what I mean! This could be the million dollar deal if someone comes up with something

danno
    Central MN

I’m assuming you’re talking about that cap that screws on like the ones Minn-Kota has on the end of the trolling motor foot control cable and also on the pigtail coming out of the trolling motor? Obviously they aren’t the same, but something similar.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Do you think there’s a big enough market for someone to actually make these? How much would people be willing to pay for the do you think? I’m not saying it’s a bad idea or anything, I think I know someone who could make something like this. Are you thinking like little rubber caps that just cover things or screw in or what exatly.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

According to one of the publications I received with my

520, Lowrance does make a cap that looks the same as a

terminator but only it says “cap” on it instead of “60”

or “120”.

I was going to buy one from LEI and they told me they

didn’t have any available to the public and weren’t

going to?? (Thanks again Lowrance!)

They were supplied with some units I guess.

The network cable is my only concern at the unused third

location. The power will always be on and exposed to the elements at the location I don’t have my second 520 located. (When the network is powered-3 locations)

I have switched the power for the display at these locations and the transducer cable is not an issue so I would like to cover the network cable end.

For now I just tuck back into the grommet so the connector is pointing down.

To answer Nick’s question I would pay ~$5.00 to have a

cleaner looking cap and not have to use a ziploc and a twist tie!!

Dan

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

In case I’m still unclear here is a pciture above. When I’m not using the unit at this location. I would like to cover the unused Lowrance Connectors. Guys it sounds like you know what I’m getting at.

As last week I was out in some Nasty stuff and I did have mine in a ziploc bag and twist tied. This weekend I went to use this terminal and noticed all the mositure inside the bag and corrosion had started on one terminal. You would think Lowrance would have something????? I will have to recheck LEI ‘s webiste.

If anyone has more information/input I would appreciate it.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

A good coating of dielectric grease should do the trick?

But covers would be better.

Jami

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

I finally got a couple of the caps I was talking about
    earlier.
    At least I can prevent any corrosion on the network
    leads when that third location doesn’t have a locator
    on it. (next year it won’t be a problem)
    I have the display power switched so I shouldn’t get any
    electrolysis corrosion on either of the other cables.

impalapower
    Madison, WI

Quote:

A good coating of dielectric grease should do the trick?

And a baggie to cover them too. Dielectric grease would help against corrosion.

wallgeye
    Richfield, MN

I called Lowrance 2 seasons ago asking about caps for the cabling. I dont have an extra station on the boat that might not be in use, I just know that open wires/connections and water=bad.

Lowrance told me that there were no caps availible and no intention of selling any. Everything I used in the Army that had a cable attachment had a cap to cover both cable and device ports. I was also told they do not recommend leaving cabling unterminated. Must be their way of telling us to buy one more unit so unused wires just wont happen.

Curlyman15
    NULL

Where did you find these caps? I can’t seem to find any for my lowerance HDS7

Brian Moatz

Hi Rob,
    I have a set of caps or covers for Lowrance HDS Units and Cable available on ebay or you can send me a reply

deertracker

That post was from 2007 and Rob isn’t on the site anymore.
    DT

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.