Reata Problems

• splitshot
    Rosemount, MN

I see every manufacturer has their issues with boats…..

Each spring I see the typical boat bashing/buying Q & A stuff going on. ….Mine is better than yours, etc., etc. Well, I see the famous Ranger Reata now might possibly have “issues.” I almost bought this boat. I did a lot of comparing and it came down to the Reata or the “other.” I went with the other. In the end, the one I went with is great for me. I really like it. I won’t bash Ranger either. Their rigs are great and I really liked the Reata. Point is, no boat company is perfect or best or better. They all have issues at one time or another. It’s what works for each person/family. If you have one, you better check your rig. Sorry……

jimmy6pak

A family member of mine bought a reata last year. What problems have you heard of? I looked on the net and havent seen anything. Thanks

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Can you give us a hint on the Ranger problem and what boat you purchased?

Or maybe you could PM me with the info.

I think Nick has a Reatta.

birddog
    Mn.

It would be nice to know the problem you speak of?? Which Reata model? The very little info you’ve provided doesn’t help at all…”check your rig” for what? Back the statement up with something concrete so us reata owners can do what we need to do to resolve this “problem”.

BIRDDOG

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I wouldn’t consider it bashing it you describe these issues either I run a 190 Reata which is pretty different than most reata’s you see. Personally my biggest complaint is the stupid spare tire holder sits too low and hits my driveway.

Personally it doesn’t matter to me what anyone else drive or to some effect even what I drive, as long as I get to fish. Been in lots of different boats, can’t think of one I disliked, heck I loved my little lund.

birddog
    Mn.

I’m not to fond of that tire cradle either, mines bent! I’ve thought about cutting it off and mounting the tire somewhere different or just keep it in the box of the truck.

I did some research on this subject. Seems there are a few 1850’s where the hull is seperating from the cap a few feet back from the bow. This info is on WC if anyone wants to check it out. The good thing is…Rangers CS is second to none, so it’ll be taken care of.

BIRDDOG

splitshot
    Rosemount, MN

I am absolutely not bashing it or any other boat. If you read the guy’s post on Walleye Central (the link I inserted), he and a number of others are having hull problems. It seems as though there is some kind of separation or splitting problem with a few Reata’s. I’m just pointing out that EVERY manufacturer has problems every now and again. ……Even Ranger.

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

What link?

I would agree about the spare tire. What a pain in the arse! I can’t wait until the bracket starts to rust from all the paint being scraped off it.

scottsteil
    Central MN

The good thing is Ranger will get the problem figured out and fixed for their customers No one said Rangers don’t have issues. I just don’t complain about them because anything that comes up is fixed

crosby-stick
    Crosby MN

Quote:

The good thing is Ranger will get the problem figured out and fixed for their customers No one said Rangers don’t have issues. I just don’t complain about them because anything that comes up is fixed

I agree Scott great company’s take care off there issue’s glad to see Ranger take care of there customers!! By the way G3 is another company doing the same

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

Thanks. I figured out what ‘WC’ meant and was able to find it earlier. Hopefully they can post some pictures to see what it looks like.

birddog
    Mn.

I just used WC figuring most would know it and I figured if I posted a link to that site it would get dusted, and that wouldn’t help anyone. Sorry Split, didn’t see any link in your post, you may have inserted one and it got dusted?? If that’s the case, they shouldn’t have dusted it as it’s a important notice to us Reata owners.

I did speak with my service manager today as I was in the area…He hasn’t heard anything about this and was in contact with the area rep this week discussing warranty work, didn’t come up. One of the first things he said, “if it is happening, Ranger will take care of it ASAP”. Hopefully this is something that’s isolated. But, if not, that’s where the very good Ranger CS will come in.

BIRDDOG

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I just used WC figuring most would know it and I figured if I posted a link to that site it would get dusted, and that wouldn’t help anyone. Sorry Split, didn’t see any link in your post, you may have inserted one and it got dusted?? If that’s the case, they shouldn’t have dusted it as it’s a important notice to us Reata owners.

I did speak with my service manager today as I was in the area…He hasn’t heard anything about this and was in contact with the area rep this week discussing warranty work, didn’t come up. One of the first things he said, “if it is happening, Ranger will take care of it ASAP”. Hopefully this is something that’s isolated. But, if not, that’s where the very good Ranger CS will come in.

BIRDDOG

Nothing has been “dusted” on this thread and we wouldn’t dust a link to http://www.walleyecentral.com when it was placed on this site by one angler trying to help another with information.

I apologize in advance for possibly taking this thread off track but I think I should clarify what is and isn’t allowed on this site.

If a post is made, and I’m talking the original post in a thread, and that post says “check this out on site x” we’re going to delete that immediately.

We get a barrage of posts each day made by companies hoping to get free product promotion here on IDA. Not to toot our own horn… but those have the life expectancy of a gnat here on this site.

If a question is asked by one of our members, looking for an answer to a question, any response by another member with a link to ANY site is welcome here. This site is all about fishermen helping fishermen.

We’re alwfully darned good at sniffing out the stinkers. The “acid test” is if you feel like you’re helping someone else out with a post here… I can about guarantee your post will pass the sniff test.

birddog
    Mn.

WELL…Just got in from giving the boat a once over…I have the cracking starting just under the rub rail a couple feet back from the bow. It starts right where the secondary bar of color starts under the rub rail. The crack runs parallel with the rub rail and is about 3″ in length. Very tough to see but can feel it with the finger nail. Contacting Ranger now…

BIRDDOG

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

Any chance you could post a picture? Probably wouldn’t turn out too well if it is that hard to see. I’m just trying to get a better understand of what the heck I should be looking for.

birddog
    Mn.

Here’s a pic of where my crack is at, starboard side, under the rub rail where the first color band starts. I lined the crack with a marking pencil to show it better. Rather than the 3″ I posted earlier, more like 6″…

BIRDDOG

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Nothing to do with your problem,BUt ask stick boy where his boat is and how long it’s been there! Then ask Buckshot what color his trailer is and why it dosn’t match his boat? And why his boat came back without it’s cover?I’m not impressed with their customer service at Ranger! Sorry.I know it’s off the subject…..My bad!

splitshot
    Rosemount, MN

James,…. I should’ve know better on the link style I posted with my initial comment. I knew from previous WC discussion posts that you don’t have an issue with posting the link to the site, but a complete link to the breakdown of re-posts, I’m sure, was probably not appropriate. I understand.
    It’s too bad that we are starting to see multiple boats with this issue. I know I would really be steamed at this time of year to have something like that going. For those of you who have had the problem, or know of people with the problem, is it limited to a specific year model?

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

Wow. thanks for posting the picture. I will be looking mine over much closer this weekend.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Based on your picture that is not the seperating, that is cracking. Must a stress point there or something. I am sure you have been on the phone with Ranger, keep us posted on how they resolve the issue.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Updates????

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

@BIRDDOG

How did this pan out for you?

Does anyone have further knowledge of these “problems” as well?

Thanks

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

@BIRDDOG

How did this pan out for you?

Does anyone have further knowledge of these “problems” as well?

Thanks

nhamm,

If I remember correctly, the separation was a bigger issue with the 20ft Reatta at the time. I am not saying that 1850 or any smaller Reattas were not effected, but I can not speak specifically to the smaller versions. I know of three different 2050’s that received completely new caps as a result of the separation issues. Of those three, I get to see two of them each summer. According to the owners, there have been no further separation issues. The cause of this issue was due to the incorrect temp during the application process.

Good Luck,

FDR

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

I’d be concerned about the 190 model, possibly the 210. If its the 19xx or 20xx models then that’s the info I need. Thank you much for the reply.

Spend a half hour googling Reatta problems or issues and you come up with not much other than this thread. Can’t find the link to the WC thread.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.