mapcreate 6.3 ?

• toothycritters

I have the mapcreate 6.3 and have loaded a map on a 512mb sd card and it works fine. my problem is that I have tried to load another map on a different card which is also 512mb and it hasn’t mattered what I have done my gps will not recognize it. I have checked lowrances page for updates but nothing has worked so far. anyone with any idea on this??? thanks….

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Have you or anybody used 5 different SD/MMC cards yet?

Mapcreate only allows the use of 5 cards.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

That, and if I recall correctly, you have to format the card with mapcreate before you can download the data. Maybe that’s the issue.

dlskills
    atwater minnesota

also you must use the card reader to make them work!!

toothycritters

thanks for the responses guys,,, in order… no, I have only 2 cards registered with mapcreate, I didn’t see a format option in the mapcreate program but I did find a cardprep in the LEI folder which is the same as Windows, and I am using the LEI card reader. Still not sure whats wrong, as I said before I did get a map on another SD card without formatting it and my gps recognizes it. just drives me a little batty that the other one won’t work and Iam not doing anything different. Not sure if this matters but the program installed somthing called MMC browser and when I click on it a message comes up stating that the parallel port is not installed. Also,,, is this mapcreate that unstable, my computer has locked up so many times Iam ready to trash it!!!!! the mapcreate that is….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.