Shimano Crucial Rod

• bassguy
    MANKATO

I just bought a Shimano Crucial 6’6 MH bass rod, and this is the best bass rod I have ever used. At $130, I believe it out performs the St. Croix Avid I have used for years.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

thanks.
    that will be my next purchase

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Great advice. I bought my first Crucial last year and now I have 3. The sensitivity is unbelievable and ranks right up there with the best rods out there.

largemouth

I agree. I have 2 Crucial’s that were the first series that were made about 6 years ago and they are still the best flippin rod out there.

Logan
    Big Lake, MN

I talked with a HS buddy who is a Shimano rep at the Sportshow and he said these rods are awesome!!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I’ve not fished with the Crucial line, but I have handled them and they feel like fantastic rods. I’d like to try the 7’10” one piece non-telescoping flippin’ stick they have.

Logan
    Big Lake, MN

Hey Blue, how would you transport a fishing rod that size? Aren’t most rod lockers 7 foot?

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Screw the marine radio cord into the handle & convert it into an antenna.

Actually, I think most rod lockers are a little longer than 7ft. Most of my 7ft rods fit with extra room.

skeeter 1880

Bought a 6′ and 6’3″ for jigging last year and they are very nice. I have 5 other G Loomis rods and the Crucials are right up there with them. They are light and very sensitive and the price is right in my opinion. Try one out and you will be surprised.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I don’t have any…yet, but I have heard great things about Shimano rods in general. And it’s tough to argue with an over-the-counter warranty program!

bassguy
    MANKATO

limited lifetime warranty is a plus.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Quote:

I just bought a Shimano Crucial 6’6 MH bass rod, and this is the best bass rod I have ever used. At $130, I believe it out performs the St. Croix Avid I have used for years.

I just got a 7 foot M extra fast action and I couldn’t agree more. I like it better than the Avids too. For 130 bucks with lifetime warranty, pretty tough to beat right now.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.