Rod Holders

• clintm
    mazeppa mn

I’m going to put rod holders on my boat with flush mount brackets. What brand/type of holder do you like?

Thanks
    Clint

pyake

Last year I put RAM 2000 holders on my boat and I have been very happy with them.

baldwin4
    NE IA

I have the Cabela’s Quickdraw flush mount rod holders. They work great for us.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Clint,

A couple of us hear really don’t care for the RAM rod holders, but many, many do. I have the cheap Gander Scotty holders and they work well for me. I think you will get many opinions, I would suggest you listen to all, take none as gospel. Possibly hop in a couple of your buddies boats and see what they use and how. I think rod holder placement is more important than the rod holder itself actualy.

timewing

DIDO on the Quick Draws

Logan
    Big Lake, MN

I have the Fish On rod holders and I really like them. I didn’t buy the boat new, so that is what was on it then.

look-a-like
    St. Charles, MN

I’ve had the Cabela’s 360T and Quick Draws with flush mounts on my last two boats and have been very satisfied.

DasBoot3
    St Peter MN

I have a mix of Cabelas Quick Draws (for spinning rigs) and 360HTs (for bait casters). 2 flush mount bases in the bow, 2 amidships, and 2 in the stern. I have 6 bases and 8 holders – you can pick up holders without bases cheap in the Bargain Cave.

birddog
    Mn.

I have rams and like them, I like the way the craddle the rod and reel. Your going to get positive replies for just about every make out there. I do agree with Kooty…placement is the most important aspect of the holder itself. I’ve used many different brands one different boats and EVERY one of them have worked as designed. So what makes one better than the other? Personal preference. About the only thing I can add is…get a holder with the ability to “lock” the rod into place. Even if you don’t lock the rod in 99% of the time, at least you’ll have the ability to do so when needed.

BIRDDOG

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

take a look at downeast. they are easy to use and are very heavyduty. there is nothing to slide or move to get your rod out, just lift up and start reeling in the fish. they offer clamp on, rail mount, and bolt on. i have mine on a pursuit track system and use them all the time. having them on a track system, they are very adjustable…….tom f

clintm
    mazeppa mn

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I have the placements figured out. I want locking holders for sure. I would hate to see a nice rod go for a swim.

Thanks again

Clint

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

the downeast are the most secure rodholders on the market. the rodholder goes all the way around the rod. it is in 2 pieces and to release the rod all you do is lift up on the rod. i use mine mainly for muskie fishing and have never came close to loosing a rod. when i first started trolling for muskie i would tie a piece of heavy line to the rod and boat if the rodholder failed. after catching a few fish and seeing how this rodholder worked and how strong they are i now don’t even think about it. they now come in power coat black color, really nice looking. at least give them a look and see what you think…………..tom f

jd318
    NE Nebraska

I’ve got the Cabela’s 360ht with the flush mount. Work great. I have 10 bases and 6 holders. Only problem I’ve had is the rubber cap on one of the bases happened to “break” when my four-year old was playing with it. Not sure how it happened.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.