After Market Pedestal Base

• pyake

Just got an after market butt seat for my Crestliner. The type of base that I bought is the plug-in style. Only observation is that it does not fit as tight into my pedestal bases on my boat as the factory tubes. There is a little bit of play in the fit. The factory tubes, on the other hand, are so tight that they can be difficult to remove.

Any coments? I am inclined to keep the new seat as long as the fit does not get worse with use.

3670wayne
    So. St. Paul

I am sorry I really don’t have a comment, but a question. Where did you get the pedestal base? Did you get the base and pedestal? I tried to order one for my crestliner from where I bought the boat, Crystal Pierz, Hastings. I may as well have gone to Snyders, McDonalds… I want one soon.

heitda
    Eau Claire, WI

Yeah, those factory tubes are almost impossible to remove at times. I finally resorted to using my fishing glove that has a really nice gripping material on it to pull them out.

I too would be interested in where these types of seats are purchased. I stand up a lot while fishing since the normal seats (even with power-lift) aren’t tall enough for me.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Spray them with Teflon spray! The same spray you would use on your guns. Works like a charm! And lasts quite a while too! I did this on my Crestliner TS 202 and TS 182.

91482v

Good suggestion on the Teflon spray! I thought my Ranger was the only style that had to have a winch to get them out! I’ll take your advise and give mine a spray. As for the Crestliner (aftermarket) peds, unless they’re very loose, it’s probably not a big deal.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.