motor guide steering problem

• John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

I’m looking for some help trouble shooting a problem with my motor guide trolling motor. It seems to have a mind of it’s own whenever I take my foot off the pedal. As soon as I take my foot off, it slowly starts making a right turn. The faster the speed, the faster the turn. It’s an xp5000 with the standard cable steering, no electic steer. Does anyone know how to tighten up the steering? I can’t find any adjustments anywhere and I’m about ready to resort to the BFH. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

mendotaeye,

Unless someone else has a solution for this problem, I am unaware of any adjustment in this foot pedal. That was my biggest complaint with this unit as well. When I took my foot off to re-rig or such, the boat naturally wandered off course and I would have to take precious time getting back on track, which can take some time if trolling up-stream with moderate current. I was designing a manual stop tool for this foot pedal of mine. But since then, I have jumped name brands and have solved some of my problems. Like I mentioned before, if someone is aware of a fix for this or adjustment to be made, I would love to hear it as well, but like most cable drive units, this is a one of the biggest drawbacks.

This post has got my interest as well.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.