Spinning Reel Needed…

• DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I need a new reel that will be used primarily for jigging w/ either 6lb mono or 14lb fireline. I like the Shimano Sedonas. Is there a better value on the market for something similar? I am looking to spend $40-50 or so.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Dave,

I just picked up a couple of these new Abu-Garca Cardinal series reels at Joe’s for $29.95 each. (U-100 series) See link for a picture. I like these small, lightweight reels (Only 6 oz.) for my verticle jigging stick. Holds just enough line where I can re-spool often. No slop, silky smooth drag….plus it’s an Abu-Garcia!

http://www.abu-garcia.com/products/PreDetail.cfm?PassPrevious=1301&PassCategoryStructureId=1352&PassLevel=2

Joe’s also has the Sedona’s for $54.00 I believe. I have seen them on sale there for as low as $39.99. Good reel in my opinion.

Jon J.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Sedona would be my first choice. $46.99 is the most I’ve ever paid for them. Gander Mountain has their own private label reels manufactured by Tima. they range in price from 29.99 all the way up to 84.99 depending on how may ball bearings you want. I had a Cardinal crap out on me when there was a very nice smallie tugging on my line. l LOST THE FISH AND THREW THE REEL IN THE RIVER.

TBOMN11
    Circle Pines, MN

I agree Jon, the new Abu’s are the best for the money. I have used Shimano’s for years, then last summer had a couple go down. I started looking for another brand, tried many, and ended up with the Abu’s. I now have several Cardinal Premiers, and just bought a new Agenda Agulf ultra lite, and a couple Cardinal 1000’s, and love them. The price blows Shimano out of the water, and the Abu’s have more bearings, for less money. I have always used the Abu level wind reels, and they are bullet proof. I am very interested in seeing the new line counter upgrades for the “C” series level winds, should be really good stuff.

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

Ive been using that little abu on one of my jiggin rods too.. and I now like it better than the shimano’s.. cuz sedonas are on my other rods….. they are good too…..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.