Battery’s in the cold

• bigpike

I have an on board charger and I keep my boat in the garage all winter basically ready to go. Does this hurt my batterys if I crank up the on board charger every week?? Should I store them inside? I prefer to have my boat ready for a warm spell, and ripping the batterys out is a pain….any info would greatly apprieciated. Thanks Bill

Don Hanson

Bigpike,
    I leave my batteries in the boat and ready to go. I keep my on-board charger plugged in all the time. I did this last winter and used the batteries all of this season without fail.
    See ya on the water, Don

zamer
    Grimes, Iowa

Keeping your batteries on a good quality charger is the best way to insure that your batteries are ready to go when you are. Onboard chargers like Guest Charge Pro will ensure that the batteries are charged and more importantly, not overcharged. Make sure and check the water level in your batteries frequently to insure that there is enough fluid in each cell. I store my boat outside and keep the onboard charger plugged in whenever the boat is not in use (including winter) and have never had any problems.

bigpike

Thank you for the info, my on board charger that was installed this last summer will save me money in the long run based on what you guys said…..Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.