Gander Moutain Guide Series Camera v. Aqua View

• krisko
    Durand, WI

I see that there is a Guide Series underwater camera. Does anyone know how they stack up to the Aqua View cameras? Or does anyone know who makes them? I’m just kind of curious about them. I saw them in a sales ad and thought I’d check them out. Any thoughts?

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Not sure how they stack up, but they are a Marcum product. They also have a flasher made by Marcum for Gander. The one I looked at yesterday knocked the socks off the FL-8. It is supposedly the LX-2. The price for the camera was $199 and the flasher was $299. If things work out I may actually make the switch from Vexilar to the Marcum. I am still floored on the difference in colors between the two. The Marcum was intense bright

krisko
    Durand, WI

I thought Marcum was supposed to be inferior to Vexlar???

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Quote:

I thought Marcum was supposed to be inferior to Vexlar???

I’ll just warn you up front, Scott is going to flip!!

Actually Marcum has come a long way in a short period. 4 years ago I would have said the same thing. Not anymore.

Steve Vick
    New London, MN

Marcum makes the guide series camera and the flasher. The camera seems to be the real deal. 7″ screen, video in/out jacks….infared red light, 65 foot cable with every 5 feet marked off……all for the price of the 5″ aqua vu scout….Time will tell if they’re of equal quality. Marcum makes great products.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

They both make a flasher that will mark any fish under your hole. Its a matter of personal preference.

If I was going to buy a camera, it would be a MarCum, not all lens are created equal.

krisko
    Durand, WI

Thanks for the input, I really appreciate it. I was hoping someone would jump in here and say they have the camera…but not so lucky yet. As far as the flasher’s go…from what I have seen both MarCum and Vexlar are very close, but I havn’t owned either of them.

broadwaybob
    Janesville, WI

Bought the Marcum vs350 that the gsvs is similar to. In fact, so similar that only the padded cover color was different. I had a blast with it in bright sunlight watching the gills come in and nudge my bait. My Brother bought the aqua view scout xl so that we can compare them side by side over Christmas. Just don’t let any of the monitors get wet –that is their vulnerabilty. Flashers still rule, Though. Get a flasher first!

Bob Plewa

mpoot
    Eagan, MN

There is also one from cabela’s. This appears to be made by Marcum too. It has a Sony camera which couldn’t be to bad.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.