Under deck musky tackle box

• pyake

Got this idea from a post on another website where a guy used a milk crate and vinly downspout to make an inexpensive musky tackle box. I used the same idea but converted one of my under deck storage compartments to a tackle storage area. Custom under deck storage like this can get real expensive and this was dirt cheap!!! Aside from the sawdust that I havent vacuumed up yet, it looks fairly clean and tidy. Takes up less space than the flat storage boxes and also do not have to mess with tangled hooks from multiple baits storaed in the same area. I keep two baits in each tube.

Vinyl downspouts were appx $6 each and I only needed 2 of them. I cut the tubes to 9 1/4″ length. 24 tubes filled the space perfectly in the center compartment of my 1750 Fishhawk.

pyake

One more view…

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Great idea, that just may be another winter project.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Nice work Pete!

pyake

This one I made from 3″ PVC pipe cut to 9 1/4″ and glued together. The idea here is to keep the favorite baits out on deck for quick access. Always used to keep them laying on the floor where they would either snag the capet or snag each other. The assembly can be stowed (with all baits) in the front bow compartment when not in use. Sch 40 pipe is pretty heavy which is good because you don’t have to worry about it bouncing around out on the water.

pyake

Inside the compartment…

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Nice idea Pete!

I took a 3.5 gallon pail and put the 5″ PVC pipe in it. Made cuts every 2″ with a Skill Saw for “hook holders” for the baits.

However, what I did different is that I cut out the center of the pail, where the pvc pipe is, to run my pedestal seat through the pail. That way, I don’t have to worry about my lure pail tipping over.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Great idea Pete!!!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Pete Great idea!

I saw Gary’s deal too. Both great ideas!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.